Charlie chocolate dvd is it a copy?

Options
I specifically bought this dvd as it looked like original and was advertised as such.He is a very misleading seller as he says its new in plastic sleeve so you expect a sealed plastic sleeve like they usually come in but its in a plastic envelope which he puts them in so very seaky. also i think the extra disc sleeve is not well printed as it should be. Anyone know how to check as he has been quite nasty to a couple of others who accused him of this and wont admit it is.
I asked for refund but no answer. Does anyone knw if it should have a hologram or anything specific i can check?

Comments

• Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    basic check but shove it in a DVD drive on a PC, if it's only 4 and a bit GB of total space then it's not a Dual Layer disc that most official DVD's would be on. Are all the extras available too?
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What colour is the back of the disc, if its purple its 100% a copy, however there are currently gold/silver backed blank dvd's but these tend to be a darn sight more expensive, Also try putting the dvd into your drive in your pc go to my computer and see what the total size of the disc is, if its below 4.7gb then its a single layer dvd and thus more than likely a copy.

If your not sure email the chap and tell him you're going to refer this dvd to a friend who works for F.A.C.T (the federation against copyright theft) and see how he responds to this.

All the best

The Bear

Gawd as I was typing woby_tide stole my thunder!! oooh well great minds and all that
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    He is a very misleading seller as he says its new in plastic sleeve so you expect a sealed plastic sleeve like they usually come in

I've never bought a DVD which has come in a plastic sleeve, they come in plastic cases??

The 'plastic sleeve' would have done it for me, I would have known just by this that it wasn't a genuine DVD.

What was the item number?
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • MyUserNamesTaken
    Options
    Sounds to me like a pirate. As states, stick it in your pc's dvd rom drive and check the size of it. If it's a 4.7Gb disc, it's a fake. Also, if it's purple on the burnt side, it's a fake.
    In a rut? Can't get out? Don't know why?
    It's time to make that change.
    Cover up all the pain in your life
    With our new product range.
    So please don't feel blue - let us show you how
    To talk yourself into a good mood right now.
    Feeling sad is no longer allowed,
    No matter how worthless you are.
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Plastic sleeve ... not a box.

Description says it all. Its a copy ;-)

You dont say how much you purchased it for? You couldn't seriously think the pittance you paid for it meant it was real?
  • Victorian_Broker
    Options
    It sounds like the dodgy copies they sell in Malaysian markets, what with the sleave and all!
  • Mandles
    Mandles Posts: 4,121 Forumite
    Options
    I dont have a dvd rom to try. It went higher than the others as it looked real and seller said genuine. Plastic sleeve goes over the plastic cd case.
  • mr_fishbulb
    mr_fishbulb Posts: 5,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It sounds like the dodgy copies they sell in Malaysian markets, what with the sleave and all!
    I love your avatar! Giggity Giggity
  • SCREAMIN_BABIES
    Options
    i bought charlie and the choc factory a couple of weeks ago and had the same experience mine is deffinatly a copy and he wont answer me either .
    Free of dept Thanks Martin
    :T :beer: beers are on me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family