rehoming two kitties

Options
hello,

I've just come to seek some advice for a relative of mine as i am very concerned about their two cats. My relative is currently going through a mess break up and is in the process of moving from the house his ex owned into a rented room. He is struggling financially and lost his job this week. Before he moved in with his ex he got 2 cats (brother and sis) to live with him in his rented flat...these cats moved into his new partners house with him. Now his ex is refusing to keep the cats as she claims it will put off a lodger (i personally think she is bitter and trying to make life difficult) my relative cant have the cats in his new place because of the landlord will not allow it, similarly i live in rented accomodation and am unable to have pets.

we really want the cats to be rehomed together and would rather they went straight into a new loving home. they currently live in the Derby area. any advice or help on how to deal with this in a way which is best for the cats would be appreciated. I thik this is a horrible situation and i feel very sorry for these kitties I really want to do the best for them.

I have no idea where to start!

Thanks

xxxx

Comments

• lowis
    lowis Posts: 1,952 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    the two main internet sites that help with rehoming cats are:

www.catchat.org
    http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/

start off there, post something in the forums...they are excellent places for seeking chelp.

good luck x
  • child359
    child359 Posts: 3,234 Forumite
    Options
    I would second the www.catchat.org site. That is how I found the rescue place that I got my cats from:j
    Eleventh Heaven No 160
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Started comping Oct 10:- £20 Walkers win.; sat nav; bag of skittles. Nov:- Cushelle Koala, Butterfly earrings, Dec:- £10 Sports Direct gift voucher
    Jan 11:- case of GU naughties, £20 ASOS voucher.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport