crazy auction

Options
last week i listed on ebay for the first time, im trying to make some pin money for the old style money saving expert forum challenge. I got all my books that im bored with now and put them on for 99p and would you believe that one went for £19.51p you can get it cheaper on amazon!!

Comments

• Babbler
    Babbler Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What was the book?
    Being bored is so boring Im bored of it... :rotfl:
  • Thefunkygibbons
    Options
    Hello Mr Gift horse, how are your teeth?

:rotfl:
  • jackiegibbo
    Options
    Babbler wrote:
    What was the book?
    it was the kenneth williams diaries
  • snax
    snax Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    Was it a 1st edition with its dustjacket?

edit ... the one on amazon is a paperback I think :confused:
    Learn to laugh at yourself ... everyone else has:rotfl:
    Regards
    S.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,322 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    it was the kenneth williams diaries

The full set or just one as your auction doesn't make it entirely clear.

I believe there were several editions, but the more common ones are sold seperately as back drops and acid drops, and there is also a third, an autobiography called Just William which may or may not form part of a set.

Soo

Edit, just notice you have used the word diaries, so I assumed you were selling more than one in the set, but your text appears to refer to a book in the singular. There is an outside chance that your buyer might not have bought what they think they were bidding on.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jackiegibbo
    jackiegibbo Posts: 603 Forumite
    Options
    soolin wrote:
    The full set or just one as your auction doesn't make it entirely clear.

I believe there were several editions, but the more common ones are sold seperately as back drops and acid drops, and there is also a third, an autobiography called Just William which may or may not form part of a set.

Soo

Edit, just notice you have used the word diaries, so I assumed you were selling more than one in the set, but your text appears to refer to a book in the singular. There is an outside chance that your buyer might not have bought what they think they were bidding on.
    No it is one hard back book which i bought a few years ago, now im worried that he will think im ripping him off, he has sent an email saying that he is paying by cheque and i have replied that i will send off the book when it clears
  • Mr_Clingford
    Options
    Probably sending off a quick email just to make absolutely clear what the bidder has won would be a good idea then?
    I'm sorry but I'm not Mike!
  • alice's_mum
    alice's_mum Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If this is "THE KENNETH WILLIAMS DIARIES" hard back with cover then the price sounds right to me. Its not Acid Drops or Back Drops which are snippets of his diaries which he published while he was alive. This sounds like his complete "well almost" diaries condensed by Russell Davies after his death. In which case you got a fair price and your buyer got a good deal.
  • MyUserNamesTaken
    Options
    I picked up a copy of the Kenneth Williams Diaries a couple of months back. Think it's worth selling on Ebay, then? Mine has the dust jacket, too.
    In a rut? Can't get out? Don't know why?
    It's time to make that change.
    Cover up all the pain in your life
    With our new product range.
    So please don't feel blue - let us show you how
    To talk yourself into a good mood right now.
    Feeling sad is no longer allowed,
    No matter how worthless you are.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,322 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I picked up a copy of the Kenneth Williams Diaries a couple of months back. Think it's worth selling on Ebay, then? Mine has the dust jacket, too.

It seems like you might have a nice little earner there :T

I don't mean to be rude to the OP, but if you do intend listing this book, and it certainly looks worth your while, may I suggest slightly more in the way of a description so the buyer knows what they are getting, and a photo if at all possible.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure