🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Postal, Text and Phone Competitions - Part 2

Options

Comments

• credit_crunch
    credit_crunch Posts: 1,421 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi, think the reason the list was made was because on the old threads a lot of postcard/text/phone comps were being repeated all the time, ppd went to a lot of hard work asking everyone who bought which mags & for us all to send her which ones we did so she could do a list & make it easier for everyone to follow through with the regular postings of the mags they did, so we didn't get irregular postings of mags missing issues,
    it's been working like this for ages, ppd worked for days to organise it x

hi korky

i completely understand the reasoning behind the list on the first page and there is no doubt that ppd put a lot of work in2 it & thanks to her for doin that. it just seemed a bit harsh, and quite rude the way she replied.

why could she not just have sent a polite pm, or polite post to say 'dawylou i do those comps, so in future please check th first page before posting any comps here.' done - no hard feelings!

anyway whats done is done and no need to go on about it or indeed throw a tantrum
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,867 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hi korky

i completely understand the reasoning behind the list on the first page and there is no doubt that ppd put a lot of work in2 it & thanks to her for doin that. it just seemed a bit harsh, and quite rude the way she replied.

why could she not just have sent a polite pm, or polite post to say 'dawylou i do those comps, so in future please check th first page before posting any comps here.' done - no hard feelings!

anyway whats done is done and no need to go on about it or indeed throw a tantrum

hi credit_crunch , i don't think ppd meant it rudely at all , she's not like that! icon7.gif

maybe we need a new shiny page & start afresh please ppd icon7.gif
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Skippycat
    Skippycat Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 19 July 2009 at 8:01PM
    Options
    The comp is from The People newspaper. One winner will win £50 from The People crossword.

Answer - Gentle

To enter....

Call 0905 652 0924.

OR
    Text TPCROSS with your answer to 84080.

Calls cost £1 from a BT landline. Other networks and mobiles may vary. Text entries cost £1 + standard network rate.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :beer:
    2022 wins include.... £1,000 cheque £150 ASDA gift card £250 Impericon gift voucher £100 cheque £100 of plant bulbs £100 Bower Collective voucher
  • Skippycat
    Options
    The comp is from The People newspaper. One winner will win £50 from The People wordsearch.

Answer - Kitten

To enter....

Call 0905 652 0923.

OR

Text TPWORD with your answer to 84080.

Calls cost £1 from a BT landline. Other networks and mobiles may vary. Text entries cost £1 + standard network rate.

2022 wins include.... £1,000 cheque £150 ASDA gift card £250 Impericon gift voucher £100 cheque £100 of plant bulbs £100 Bower Collective voucher
  • calash
    calash Posts: 3,566 Forumite
    I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Anyone know where you can get free stamps from, someone on the forum cannot believe that I buy stamps!!! can anyone help??? also need help with face of kinder comp can as many of you vote for ashley age 8 the one with glasses, please please please!!!
  • jaks111
    jaks111 Posts: 570 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello i know this is most likely in the wrong place but can some one help me where do i find the beginning of the text postal comps as when i clicked the link it was may 09 or am i doing it wrong :confused:

where is the first page please
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    This is the beginning

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1669201

any from before that will have ended a long time ago HTH
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • prozacspice
    prozacspice Posts: 2,434 Forumite
    Options
    Answer: 583

Text PUZZLE 583 and your name to 63388 (ROI 57707)

Texts cost £1.50 + str (ROI 2 euros)

Or call 0904 040 0714 (ROI 1517 303 314)

Calls cost £1.50 (ROI 2 euros)

Must be over 18

Good Luck :D
    "We all change when you think about it. We're all different all through our lives. And that's okay, that's good. You've got to keeping moving. As long as you remember all the people that you used to be." - The Doctor
  • prozacspice
    prozacspice Posts: 2,434 Forumite
    Options
    Three runner's-up get a copy of the game.

Q: Which of these is a classic party game?

A) Pass The Parcel :D
    B) Pass The Monkey
    C) Pass The Buck

Text WIN A followed by your full name and address to 63388

Texts cost £1.50 + str

Or call 0904 040 0716

Calls cost £1.50

Must be over 18

Good Luck :D
    "We all change when you think about it. We're all different all through our lives. And that's okay, that's good. You've got to keeping moving. As long as you remember all the people that you used to be." - The Doctor
  • Skippycat
    Options
    Take It Easy magazine have 500 white triangle bikinis to be won (magazine states they are worth £19.99 each).

Q: Which of these is a type of bikini?

a. Tankini
    :D:D:D:D:D

b. Truckini

c. Shipkini

To enter....

Call 0905 162 0048.
    OR
    Text TIEWIN followed by a space and then your size followed by another space and then your answer (a, b or c), name, address and postcode to 84080.

The bikinis are available in sizes 8,10, 12 and 14.

BT landline calls cost 50p per min (max of 2 mins). Other networks and mobiles may vary. Text entries cost £1 + standard network rate.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport