'Pick a Car Sticker Slogan' poll discussion

edited 11 May 2009 at 11:26AM in Money Saving Polls
20 replies 4.8K views
edited 11 May 2009 at 11:26AM in Money Saving Polls
Poll between 5-11 May 2009:

Pick a car sticker slogan.

We’ve run out of the current batch of car stickers, and have had many suggestions to follow up the old “Screw the Banks before they screw you” and “Legally Rob a Bank” stickers. Thanks to forum users for the new batch of suggestions below.

Which of these do you prefer (all would of course say MoneySavingExpert.com on the bottom)?

A. Click (arrow pointing at MSE logo) Before Every Trip - 6% (247 votes)
B. Give yourself some credit - 10% (418 votes)
C. Money for nothing – tips for free - 45% (1882 votes)
D. My ends always meet! - 10% (407 votes)
E. Lessen the Recession! - 15% (626 votes)
F. Put the brakes on your spending - 14% (588 votes)

Voting has now closed, but you can still click 'post reply' to discuss below. Thanks :)

See the orginal suggestions in the 'Suggest a Car Sticker Slogan for MoneySavingExpert.com' thread.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Replies

• WEEGIEWEEGIE Forumite
    11.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked F. I don't generally go for car stickers as I find some are just pointless, but insaying that, there are some witty ones out there. :D
    Like good food and drink?
    Try Hotel Chocolat and Baileys.
    :drool: :drool: :smiley:
  • Gordon_the_MoronGordon_the_Moron Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I went for my ends always meet, liked that the best and was surprised it was one of the least popular. Would go with my existing one "Save a cow - eat a vegetarian" :D:D:D
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • (Land_of)_Maz(Land_of)_Maz Forumite
    11.7K Posts
    i went for E - lessen the recession..... topical!!

mind you i would have opted for one that said "visit MSE.com, my friends live there!!!" if there had been one!!!
    I'm just a seething mass of contradictions....
    (it's part of my charm!)
  • Amber07Amber07 Forumite
    330 Posts
    C - Just because I like it and this place will do exactly what it says on the tin....er I mean... sticker :D

Ps...How do I get a car sticker???:money:
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. :cheesy:
  • SPLEEN_3SPLEEN_3 Forumite
    9 Posts
    A MSE car-sticker doesn't make much sense to me.

If you really want to save money- sell the car- get on your bike. As a bonus you get fitter, improve the environment and help to make the roads safer for everyone else.
  • dubledeedubledee Forumite
    146 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I voted for C. it seems about right;)
  • I like
    B.
    Give yourself some credit
    cause as well as advertising the site, and being about money, the other meaning of it also reminds you how well you are doing at facing up to, and fighting your debt. We all need a little bit of praise and encouragement at times.
    :heart: BIG Thank you to Competition posters & the person who created the "entered" button! :heart:
  • SPLEEN wrote: »
    A MSE car-sticker doesn't make much sense to me.

If you really want to save money- sell the car- get on your bike. As a bonus you get fitter, improve the environment and help to make the roads safer for everyone else.

Unless of course you are like me, disabled, living in a village in Cornwall that it not serviced with public transport, with a child that goes to a "local" school 10 miles away, with the nearest town for food and supplies 20 minutes car journey away, with supermarkets that do not offer delivery to my village!

Not always as easy as it seems, being anti car!
    :heart: BIG Thank you to Competition posters & the person who created the "entered" button! :heart:
  • Sami_BeeSami_Bee Forumite
    14.6K Posts
    Amber07 wrote: »
    C - Just because I like it and this place will do exactly what it says on the tin....er I mean... sticker :D

Ps...How do I get a car sticker???:money:
    you could have got one here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=3369761#post3369761
    but as is the purpose of the poll there's not left and new ones will be arriving at some point after the poll results are in :D

I voted C because I thought it would attract the most people - who doesn't want something for free? although I really like B too
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • waterhouse_melonswaterhouse_melons Forumite
    863 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    so are the car stickers coming back then?
    Best Freebies/Wins/Testers so far: HP Officejet Pro 8500, Vax Zen, Thorpe Park Tks, 2x Rockwell Tkts, Windows 7, 2x Chelsea vs Arsenal Tkts, Genio Phone, JLS Tickets, 2 PSP games, 2 Xbox 360 games, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch, Westlife Tkts, Tinie Tempah tkts, New York Trip AND MORE...
    Thanks to all posters on here:beer::T
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals