Cheapest Way to call 0870 international access numbers

Options
Does anyone know of the cheapest way to call 0870 international access numbers, currently I am using the service from JustDial to call back to Romania and it is 7p per minute

Any ideas welcomed!

Thanks in advance

David

Comments

• iceburn
    iceburn Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    If you are going to be calling alot and offpeak than get an O2 offpeak leisure traffic with a cashback net result 0p a minute or near enough
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    iceburn wrote:
    If you are going to be calling alot and offpeak than get an O2 offpeak leisure traffic with a cashback net result 0p a minute or near enough
    Wow! 0p/minute!

The cheapest from a BT landline is 4p/minute according to the MSE International Callchecker.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    iceburn wrote:

The reason being that O2 allow calls to 0870/0844 out of most of their inclusive cross network minutes contracts.

Your also find if you call 0870 numbers during the evening and at weekends from your landline,they are less then 4p a minute.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The reason being that O2 allow calls to 0870/0844 out of most of their inclusive cross network minutes contracts.

Your also find if you call 0870 numbers during the evening and at weekends from your landline,they are less then 4p a minute.
    maybe, but the OP is talking about Just-Dial, which doesn't use the number at weekends as it's too cheap
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure