We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Can teabags go off once they're opened?

2»

Comments

  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Thanks for this post. I acquired a big bag of 400+ teabags when the company I worked for closed and have just have them in the bag at the moment. I'll transfer them to a box as think it'll take me a good year to get through them!
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • caitybabes
    caitybabes Posts: 442 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Wow freezing teabags that's something I've never thought of. Come to think of it, my mate gave me a catering size bag of 1100 twinings everyday teabags coz he knows I loooove tea... maybe I'll freeze those!
  • Westywoodpecker
    Westywoodpecker Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    Barneysmom wrote: »
    How does it compare to Yorkshire, is it as strong?

    Yes, it is still quite strong. With normal tea I would use 2 tea bags as I like it strong, but with Lancs tea, one bag is enough. :D
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker :)
  • Sweetpeanut
    Sweetpeanut Posts: 267 Forumite
    I had a cup of tea, at my dad's on saturday that was dated june 06' it was fine, then again my dad is renowned for eating, offering out-of-date stuff, don't know why we never checked the date on the tea-bags!! but hey im still here!! just:rolleyes:
    • whoops!! sealed pot opened!!! for holiday stuff, £360, an i BLEW it:D
  • noonesperfect
    noonesperfect Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    Barneysmom wrote: »
    How does it compare to Yorkshire, is it as strong?

    I find it's too strong for a single mug - makeas a great pot of tea for two tho!!

    I use tetleys one cups, co-op 99 (might be getting some Sainsburys red label this week as they're half price for 160)or anything thats decent but on offer for single cups/friends!!

    Get thee away from me satan-ess - offering biscuits, indeed :eek::D:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

    Lucky you're too far away or I might take you up on the choccie digestives....I can resist anything but temptation (in the words of Oscar Wilde).
    :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.