We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Can teabags go off once they're opened?
noonesperfect
Posts: 1,831 Forumite
I'm a great fan of Yorkshire teabags and have also been saving the tokens off the boxes for a while. ----bought when they're on offer of course!!! :rolleyes:
I've just learnt that from June they will no longer be doing the reward system, though you can still buy the items if you want. (teapot, mug etc)
As I buy them when they're on offer I now have 800 teabags in unopened boxes with maybe 10 or more tokens inside.
If I open the boxes to get the tokens out will the teabags go stale quickly?
I've just learnt that from June they will no longer be doing the reward system, though you can still buy the items if you want. (teapot, mug etc)
As I buy them when they're on offer I now have 800 teabags in unopened boxes with maybe 10 or more tokens inside.
If I open the boxes to get the tokens out will the teabags go stale quickly?
:wave:
0
Comments
-
You could get some lock & Locks or something like to put them in, or split them into piles of about 100 and wrap with loads of clingfilm. They go a bit stale after a while if they're exposed.I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old style MoneySaving, Gardening, and Crafting boards.
If you need any help on these boards, please let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.
Please report any posts you spot that are in breach of the Forum Rules by using the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not of MoneySavingExpert.com0 -
I agree, sealed containers are the way forward. I assume you'll just be opening them to take the tokens out then sealing them back up again so I can't see that they'll have much opportunity to go stale imho. Failing that, you could invite everyone over for a cup of tea or twenty!
0 -
Thanks for that Caitybabes :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I don't think I know enough people though, and I'm not wasting good tea on strangers
:D!! :wave:0 -
That's a shame, I've got loads of biscuits we could share :rotfl:I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old style MoneySaving, Gardening, and Crafting boards.
If you need any help on these boards, please let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.
Please report any posts you spot that are in breach of the Forum Rules by using the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not of MoneySavingExpert.com0 -
I agree! I've got nice twinings teabags (though I do enjoy a good yorkshire tea) but I begrudge wasting them on people who can't tell the difference! Ooh what kind of biscuits Barneysmom? Good dunkers I hope!0
-
Got loads caitybabes, gingers nuts, digestives, chocolate ones, oh you name it, it's probably here. Got one of those Cadbury tins too but they won't last long :cool:I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old style MoneySaving, Gardening, and Crafting boards.
If you need any help on these boards, please let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.
Please report any posts you spot that are in breach of the Forum Rules by using the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not of MoneySavingExpert.com0 -
caitybabes wrote: »I agree! I've got nice twinings teabags (though I do enjoy a good yorkshire tea) but I begrudge wasting them on people who can't tell the difference!
That's what cheap supermarket own brand "sweepings" bags are for!
The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life.
0 -
I've actually just bought a box of Lancashire tea, & love it :j
(cheap at Home bargains of course!) Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker
0 -
How does it compare to Yorkshire, is it as strong?I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old style MoneySaving, Gardening, and Crafting boards.
If you need any help on these boards, please let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.
Please report any posts you spot that are in breach of the Forum Rules by using the Report button, or by e-mailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not of MoneySavingExpert.com0 -
Sealed containers are fine. My Nan used to freeze tea bags when she bought alot and they kept forever in there....weird I know.
PP
xxTo repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,requires brains!FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards