🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Marbles Card APR increase

Options
Funny because a few months back I was here singing the praises of they're new statement detail!

Anyway, I balance transferred an amount away and have been making larger than previous payments to get the balance down.

It seems now that they see me taking control of the debt and that they might be making less profit from me they have decided to add 5% on all the various interest charges. It was high already, average was about 25%.

It makes sense! Does anyone know if this is some kind of standard practise?

I have a couple of months until the increase actually happens and they have given me the option of closing the account and paying of the remainder at my current rates.

Any advice anyone?

Comments

• CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Unlikely to be personal, the board has dozens of posts about increases in CC interest rates.
  • jenkofreeze
    jenkofreeze Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Would be nice if it WAS personal, then I'd have an excuse to shout at someone over the phone when I call them.

I liked the card too much, at least now there's no real reason to keep the card and not pay off the debt I've built up on there.

Thanks for the kick Marbles :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family