Good value Dirty Dancing ticket advice please

Options
Hi all,

My DD1 is 18 this year and as I am still very close to three of the other mums I met at ante-natal (an the girls are still close as well) we thought that we would like to do something for them to celebrate our friendships - just the 8 of us together, in August.

The plan is to get a limo to London on a Friday afternoon (we're in Surrey so not too far), go for dinner in Covent Garden (Cafe Rouge on Tesco vouchers), see Dirty Dancing, stay in a cheap hotel overnight then hit Oxford Street on the Saturday before getting the train home. They are all off to Uni in September so it will be lovely to all spend some time together.

The problem is, all the Dirty Dancing tickets I am finding are £45 plus booking fee minimum for not even very good seats and I just wondered if anyone could either recommend good places to sit (I have looked at Theatremonkey) or where we could get some good deals on ticket prices.

Thank you :D

Comments

• Old_Bill
    Old_Bill Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    You may find a better ticket deal nearer the time. The current promotion for top price seats only applies to performances until May 21st, they are discounted from £60 down to £40 Monday to Thursday.

I'd watch the prices and see if there is a better offer announced nearer to August, although traditionally school holiday periods are difficult times to get bargains. Having said that, I remember there was an avalanche of unsold tickets in Theatreland last summer and prices fell quickly.
  • loup67
    loup67 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.tickettree.com/quote.aspx?quoteID=124115
    have a look at theatre and hotel packages
    sometimes they work out cheaper:beer:
  • fluffysox
    fluffysox Posts: 1,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi we got our tickets from lastminute.com and they were £33 each
    2016 MFW OPd £2000, 2015 MFW OPd 3000 then bought new bigger house with bigger mortgage.
    MFW OPd 2014 £2000 2013 £9700 2012 £2848.39 2011 £2509.58 2010 £11000 2009 £112002008 £4939 :D
    Beautiful boys born May 2011 and October 2013 :)
  • Megalomaniac
    Megalomaniac Posts: 539 Forumite
    Options
    I got some great seats from Seetickets.com... give them a try.
  • jayss
    jayss Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're more likely to get an offer for the friday matinee than the evening show, most agents are offering £40 top price.
    If there are 8 or more of you, the group rate for friday afternoon is 39:50 for 8+ people http://www.dirtydancinglondon.com/tickets/group_rates.php

Friday evening is still popular so not likely to get discounted seats.

TBH its a narrow theatre and so none of the seats are that bad, the show on the other hand.......
  • Amanda65
    Amanda65 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jayss wrote: »
    You're more likely to get an offer for the friday matinee than the evening show, most agents are offering £40 top price.
    If there are 8 or more of you, the group rate for friday afternoon is 39:50 for 8+ people http://www.dirtydancinglondon.com/tickets/group_rates.php

Friday evening is still popular so not likely to get discounted seats.

TBH its a narrow theatre and so none of the seats are that bad, the show on the other hand.......

Thanks - unfortunately we are limited to going to the Friday evening performance due to other committments during the day. And as for the show - well I have to say that I love the Dirty Dancing film and my daughter has it on her wish list so we'll go with the flow :D
  • bargainbasement
    Options
    Hi sorry to hijack this thread but I have a similar question for Lion King tickets. 4 tickets (2A 2C - don't know if any cheaper for kids). Not too bothered about a dinner package would rather have good seats i.e. royal circle as opposed to grand circle (top?)

Any pointers..?
  • westcountrymaid_2
    Options
    Can't help with the tickets but just wanted to say the show is fantastic and very like the film. We had great seats, just a few rows from the front and it was amazing. I'd go again tomorrow.
  • bargainbasement
    Options
    Can't help with the tickets but just wanted to say the show is fantastic and very like the film. We had great seats, just a few rows from the front and it was amazing. I'd go again tomorrow.

thanks couldn't decide between Lion King or Grease, but the tickets for the stalls are so expensive!!!! :eek:
  • westcountrymaid_2
    Options
    thanks couldn't decide between Lion King or Grease, but the tickets for the stalls are so expensive!!!! :eek:

Hi it was Dirty Dancing that I saw, we were very lucky, travelled up for the weekend from the westcountry on a coach trip and stayed two nights in hotel, with Theatre ticket for the show included, can't remember how much we paid now but surprised to get such good seats for the money. It was in the middle of the week though.

Hope you enjoy the Lion King.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport