Buyer saying recorded deilvery item has not arrived

Options
Hello

I sold an item a few weeks ago, the buyer has since contacted me saying the item has not been delivered. I've checked the tracking number of the recorded delivery item and it says the following at the Royal Mail website:

"Your item with reference DK676787249GB was delivered from our EAST OXFORD Delivery Office.

Thank you for using this service."

I've suggested the buyer visits this post office and takes it up with them, is he at it? is there anything else i should do to assist?

Comments

• black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Send the buyer a link to the page on the track and trace site that you just showed us and that should be it, end of story.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    The thing which is worrying me about this message is that it usually says 'your item was delivered at x time on x/x/06'

I think your buyer should go to the local sorting office and enquire there. Did you put a sender label on the parcel? If so then you can ring them and ask. If you didn't put a sender label then if it is at the sorting office and they don't collect it, it will be sent to Cardiff to be opened to get your address (if there is one in there).

We have a lot of problems where i work with Royal Mail not leaving cards to tell people it is at the sorting office.

HTH

Carrie.
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
  • carolannjo
    carolannjo Posts: 305 Forumite
    Options
    I would phone the post office myself as I have had a few problems with their recorded service. I posted an item recorded yet they had absolutely no trace of it ever being delivered, even though it required a signature. Turns out they did deliver it just didn't get a signature. As far as I know there is always a delivery time etc AND a facility to get a copy of the actual signature of the person who signed for it. As it was yourself who posted it and paid it is you they will deal with. ( I know your buyer probably paid for the delivery etc but it is YOU who personally bought the stamps recorded bit etc and more importantly you who has the receipt) Hope this is helpful.
    The victims we know so well
    They shine in your eyes
    When they kiss and tell
    Strange places we never see
    But you're always there
    Like a ghost in my dream
  • buggu
    buggu Posts: 456 Forumite
    Options
    yeh wont suprise me if royal mail didnt bother leaving an attempted delivery card. Get him to check his local sorting office though i would also try ringing them up yourself especially if you forgot to stick the senders label on.
  • mcoletta
    mcoletta Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    I think he may just be trying to rob you! Did you give him the tracking number? If so, he may of seen the message it was delivered to the PO but it doesn't say whether or not it went to his house which it never does, which I think is something that they should do. You should, I think get in touch with the Royal Mail and see if it has been signed for or not. If it has then you know that he is robbing you! If not you can claim for the item on Royal Mail.
    Hope this helps
  • mcoletta
    mcoletta Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    I have also had my Post Man hand me items at the door and say,
    "I can't be bothored to get you to sign this!"
    Then just walk away!
  • LULUBELLE_2
    LULUBELLE_2 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    Normally, if they've tried to deliver, it says so when you track it, also says that a card was left (whether it was or not). It only says it was delivered when it actually has been and it only gives a time if it is Special Delivery. Unless we're getting an inferior service here, lol! ;)

If the RM says it was delivered and the buyer disputes, you can ask to see the POD.
    I only exist in my own mind - if you can see, hear or read me, you are a product of my imagination.
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    LULUBELLE - I'll check at work tomorrow, i must be getting muddled :rolleyes: Wouldn't suprise me in the least TBH :D :rotfl:

MCOLETTA - It does say when they deliver it to the house.
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
  • LULUBELLE_2
    LULUBELLE_2 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    Lol! Just checked a Special delivery one of mine ( the buyer has it and has left f/b, BTW). There's no time on it, you can take a look.

Your item with reference ZV052403331GB was delivered from our BRIDGEND Delivery Office.

Thank you for using this service.

We can confirm that this item was delivered before the guaranteed time.
    I only exist in my own mind - if you can see, hear or read me, you are a product of my imagination.
  • rfeenie
    rfeenie Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys! I did stick my sender address on the back. I'll give that Post Office a call tomorrow and see what the chat is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure