Day and night in South France - advice and hotel deals needed

Options
Hi all,

Myself and a friend are going to be spending all of Sunday and Sunday night in the South of France. We can start anywhere Sunday morning - Nice, Cannes, Monaco, St. Tropez or anywhere else, but need to be in Toulon Monday afternoon (will get a train.

Can you recommend where to go, and where/how to get a good deal on a 3/4* hotel. I've been to Nice before so preferably somewhere else.

Thanks

Comments

• balsingh
    balsingh Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    where is your starting point? ie. where will you be on the sunday morning?
    If you found my comment helpful, please click the 'Thanks' button below :T
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    hotel Corona in Cannes looks quite nice Twin 66€ per room breakfast 7€ each extra

AAB50988.jpg
    The Corona hotel is situated in the center of Cannes, immediatly near the Croisette, the harbour, the "Palais des ...

...Festivals and Congresses", and it's splendid beach with fine sand, near the public carparks of "Gray d'Albion" and the railway station, where a personnalized and cordial greeting will be reserved to you.

The hotel is renoved and soundproofed

Hotel Corona is situated on the most prestigious shopping street of Cannes.
  • sweettooth205
    Options
    Take a look at venere.com. I was pleasantly surprised, and I got a discount voucher from this forum.... use BK5HX8W for a 4% discount.
  • amrad
    amrad Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Starting point is on the France/Italy border, but we can get dropped anywhere along there by car.
  • balsingh
    balsingh Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    For the best deal on hotels, use https://www.hotelscomparison.com which looks at all the individual hotel sites and finds the best deal.

In terms of where to go, my personal suggestion is Antibes/Juan Les Pins. Not as hectic as Nice but enough there to occupy a day. If youy want to be closer to Toulon, then I suppose St. Raphael or St. Tropez aren't too bad either.
    If you found my comment helpful, please click the 'Thanks' button below :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport