🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Freecycle (Merged Thread)

Options

Comments

• Morty_007
    Morty_007 Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    Options
    Skint_Catt wrote: »
    And there was me thinking you only had me :(:p
    Nah, check out my sig ;) Hey Jman how are ya? xx
    Good Enough Club member number 27(2) AND I got me a stalkee!
    Closet debt free wannabe -[STRIKE] Last personal loan payment - July 2010[/STRIKE]:T, credit card balance about £3000 (and dropping FAST), [STRIKE]Last car payment September 2010 (August 2010 aparently!!)[/STRIKE]
    And a mortgage in a pear tree :D
  • judderman62
    judderman62 Posts: 5,134 Forumite
    Options
    Morty_007 wrote: »
    Nah, check out my sig ;) Hey Jman how are ya? xx

oh gosh so -so hon. - lost a good amount of weight between 06 Apr 2008 and 23 Dec 2008 - 3 stone !!! but put a fair bit on again over crimbo and struggling to get back on righteous path :(:o but I will do so - just not sure when yet :o:p

have a good news , bad news scenario - re work - have survived redundancy - 66 people in total throughout our company and 3 from our office **but** the bad news - being merged with another office and my daily commute goes from 30 miles a day round trip , and 35-50 mins journey, to 60 miles round trip and journey time of app 1hr 10/15 to 1hr 30 :mad::mad::mad:

how's you ?
    Hate and I do mean Hate my apple Mac Computer - wish I'd never bought the thing
    Do little and often
    Please stop using the word "of" when you actually mean "have" - it's damned annoying :mad:
  • Morty_007
    Options
    Ah same old same old really. Love my job, hate significant number of my colleagues. Miss my boys when i'm at work and my DH rarely home because he working his BACKSIDE off to keep his job and make some money so pretty lonely at home too. It's great.

Well done with the weight loss, at least you have proved to yourself you can...getting back on the wagon is the hardest part. The relocation thing sucks desn't it? They did to to me hjust after we had bought our first house. moved me 25 miles away from home without warning the same week we exchanged on the house. Hurrah!

To keep things Ontopic, Have had a couple of really nice Freecycle transactions recently, just this evening I actually had someone say thank youand sound genuinely thrilled!
    Closet debt free wannabe -[STRIKE] Last personal loan payment - July 2010[/STRIKE]:T, credit card balance about £3000 (and dropping FAST), [STRIKE]Last car payment September 2010 (August 2010 aparently!!)[/STRIKE]
  • judderman62
    Options
    that's !!!!!! timing on your relocation - not nice :mad:
    Do little and often
    Please stop using the word "of" when you actually mean "have" - it's damned annoying :mad:
  • misskool
    misskool Posts: 12,832 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ARGHHHHHHH

been freecycling this weekend and now realise why it's gotten to the point I would rather bin things.
    So many rude replies of I want it, my phone number is so--and-so, please call me. And the one this morning takes the cake! She asked for three things, one of which she got and when got told she didn't get the other 2 decided she didn't want the third one!!! so now, got to find another person and wait for them to collect it.

And just reading the wants is grating as well. Lots of laptops being asked for and someone has posted three times in the last week saying he's moving into a flat and has ZERO funds, please supply me furniture, cooker etc. what planet are some of these people on?
  • judderman62
    Options
    well I still go back to the moderators for not reigning this sort of behaviour in :confused:
    Do little and often
  • Morty_007
    Options
    Ah good old freecycle. I gave a way a king size bed frame last week and I sawtoday the girl who cam to pick it up asking for one again (in working order) !!!! I have emailed her and asked her what was wrong with the one we gave her. it needed a small bit of work on it but we made that very clear when we advertised it. HOW rude!?
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    morty - have they re-offered the bed they collected from you?!
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I do a lot of freecycling, but the excessive wanted ads can be a pain.
    I tried asking the mods for a preference to not show wanteds. If I have something to offer then I will offer it.
    That said, I have posted a couple of wanted myself (eg. I am looking for an old 386/486 laptop).
    So I guess you can't have it both ways...
  • matphil
    matphil Posts: 930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I offered a 32" Tv yesterday on freecycle. I gave all the relevant measurements and stated that it was a large bulky Tv and that it would need two people to collect it as it was very heavy.
    I had loads of replies, including I'll have it phone me, give me your address I'll come and take it off your hands, so I offered it to the first one who asked politely.
    Several hours after it was collected and after I posted a taken ad I received an email off someone asking if he could have it.
    He only lived 10 miles away and could come and collect it straight away on the train. I only wished I still had it to give him to see him carrying it on the train.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport