Cheap Hotels in York & Edinburgh

Options
I am looking to have 2 weekends away in York & Edinburgh in the next couple of months to take advantage of the cheap £9 fares with NXEA.

I would like to keep the whole weekend as cheap as possible but looking at hotels it seems they are all over £100 a night as we want to go the usual Friday/Saturday stay.

Anyone have an idea of current promotions or places where we can get a good deal!?

Comments

• anukambi30
    anukambi30 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    If you arent a member of expedia then i can refer you. You can get £20 off on your first booking. PM me if you are interested.
  • chez22
    chez22 Posts: 3,327 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried Ibis, (accorhotels.com) I have stayed in the one in Edinburgh, it was under £80 a night. I think they have one in York too. I normally try them first followed by premier inn, travelodge and holiday inn.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    york central travelodge is coming out at 32.00 friday night and 42 sat night for weekends in May.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • Parul1
    Parul1 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Hi greyhound31
    i wll sugest a site hotelly.com this site might be help you a lot.
    This is a site where you can compare the price of hotels and you can also see the reviews of the hotels. Its my own experience
  • charis18uk
    charis18uk Posts: 447 Forumite
    Options
    I am looking to have 2 weekends away in York & Edinburgh in the next couple of months to take advantage of the cheap £9 fares with NXEA.

I would like to keep the whole weekend as cheap as possible but looking at hotels it seems they are all over £100 a night as we want to go the usual Friday/Saturday stay.

Anyone have an idea of current promotions or places where we can get a good deal!?

We stayed in York last August in some lovely accommodation, but you would need a car to access it. It's near York (about 5 mins drive from a park and ride). Quite a unique holiday too!!

http://www.skipwithstation.co.uk/
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    Options
    charis18uk wrote: »
    We stayed in York last August in some lovely accommodation, but you would need a car to access it. It's near York (about 5 mins drive from a park and ride). Quite a unique holiday too!!

http://www.skipwithstation.co.uk/

Oooh, this place looks great! Can I squeeze in another mini holiday...???:T
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • Bunnie1982
    Bunnie1982 Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    I've been recommended this one in York

http://www.sidingshotelyork.co.uk/index.html

Apparently it's £60 per night at weekends and £40 for weekdays. Also the restaurant is meant to be lovely.
  • charis18uk
    charis18uk Posts: 447 Forumite
    Options
    Ruth_honey wrote: »
    Oooh, this place looks great! Can I squeeze in another mini holiday...???:T

Yeah, it really is quite fab tbh. The thing is, it looks fab but its better than it looks!!! It's secluded yet within very easy access to York city centre. The owners are lovely too and don't intrude at all given that they live in a house next to the accommodation. They left us some lovely home picked raspberries on our door step. On arrival we had a little hamper waiting with a selection of luxury food items.

My 7yr old son adored this place, it was so cool sleeping on a train! Literally too, even in the height of summer as it has excellent air con/heating.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure