saw this on another board - had to share!

Options
here's a link to a thread in the debt-free board where someone's had a new idea of things to sell on ebay - it made me smile anyway!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=1763568
:happyhear

Comments

• Sugar_Coated_Owl
    Options
    :rotfl:

That's a great idea :T
    --><-- Sugar Coated Owl --><--

If you believe, you will survive - Katie Piper

Woohoo! I'm normal! Gotta go tell the cat.
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent :j
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
  • Contains_Mild_Peril
    Options
    How can you condone that? It may be funny, but that doesn't mean it's not wrong.
  • save123
    save123 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic !!!

Going out tomorrow to get the biggest box I can find

Who needs Super Nanny? :rotfl:
  • Sugar_Coated_Owl
    Sugar_Coated_Owl Posts: 12,379 Forumite
    Options
    How can you condone that? It may be funny, but that doesn't mean it's not wrong.

Why is it wrong?
    --><-- Sugar Coated Owl --><--

If you believe, you will survive - Katie Piper

Woohoo! I'm normal! Gotta go tell the cat.
  • poppycat_3
    poppycat_3 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options

How is it wrong? She probably bought all the stuff in the first place, and if it teaches the kids some appreciation then I think its a fabulous idea.
  • LULUBELLE_2
    LULUBELLE_2 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    It's a great way to teach kids to tidy up after themselves and value their possessions, I think. Good luck to her - she hasn't been sneaky about it, she told them what she was doing, so they had every chance to avoid losing their gear. They probably thought she wouldn't go through with it - but once she has, they'll learn PDQ that she means what she says! :T
    I only exist in my own mind - if you can see, hear or read me, you are a product of my imagination.
  • tankgirl1
    tankgirl1 Posts: 4,252 Forumite
    Options
    :T :T :rotfl: :rotfl: :T :T
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

RIP POOCH 5/09/94 - 17/09/07
  • save123
    save123 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options

Q:Contains Mild Peril
    Will always wonder if you have children????
  • Contains_Mild_Peril
    Options
    In reply to your Q, Save123, I have one child (12, leaves stuff all over the place, and I'll admit I do to), and I still disapprove of theft, even of goods the thief bought in the first place. She even mentioned that at least one of the items was bought for her son's birthday, so I assume she gave him it as a gift. While I can see how it could be argued that some items bought for use by the children were never really theirs, a gift cannot be reclaimed at the purchaser's whim; that would make it a loan, not a gift. She is no more entitled to sell it than I would be to sell things I've bought for my husband and given to him.
    I don't get why people are asking what's wrong with selling other people's belongings and keeping the money for oneself. It's theft. Theft is wrong. It's not rocket science. How can she possibly enjoy spending her ill-gotten gains? She may be teaching her children to look after their things, but she's also teaching them that abuse of parental power is greeted with widespread approval. She could make her point if she put the box away somewhere or a long time, then eventually returned the items to their owners once they'd kept their stuff tidy for a suitable period. She could encourage them to give outgrown items to charity.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure