Keeping track of spending

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a piece of software or ready done exel spreadsheet or something that I can input my outgoings into, to see how I'm doing against my monthly budget. I know there are some programs out there such as Microsoft Money, but I was hoping to find something that's free!

Can anyone recommend anything, either an online thing or piece of software.

I've been using Whats the Cost for my debts and love it - its really motivating me, so hoping to find something that'll motivate me to stick to budget!

Thanks

Rebecca
Sept 09 (3 wks only to 2 Oct) GC 98.94/£200
DFW LONG HAULER NO 166
DFD June 2014 :eek:
£68622.60 Debt at LBM
£62923.60 11th Spt 09 or 8.3% reduced

Comments

• If you go to "file" then click "new" in excel you can get ready made templates online that may be what you are looking for. They have quite alot for budgeting.
  • adambro
    adambro Posts: 243 Forumite
    You might find the budget planner at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/Budget-planning useful.
  • I recently found the following:
    http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/personal-monthly-budget.html

I downloaded the template, then set up lists in a different sheet that link into the most used categories, such as food shopping. I enter my spending into either my seperate lists, or directly into the cells and it calculates is all for me

I then copy each month into an annual template, also on the site above and look at how I'm doing over the year
    Mortgage £120K, monthly overpayment £600, 18 years and £100K saved
  • sarahpallins
    sarahpallins Posts: 15 Forumite
    Most tools do work. But you have to choose them with care. You can find the online money management widgets at rudder.com. This site gives you the information you want and you can understand it easily without any complications. Rudder is what I use to manage my finances and the service is satisfactory.
    Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference.
    Barak Obama
  • Most tools do work. But you have to choose them with care. You can find the online money management widgets at rudder.com. This site gives you the information you want and you can understand it easily without any complications. Rudder is what I use to manage my finances and the service is satisfactory.

Hi Does RUDDER work for UK accounts? I can't seem to get it to, but it looks ideal for what I need!
    Joint debt - £25,090 :confused:
    Wannabe debt free by 09/2011 :eek:
  • Norman-B
    Norman-B Posts: 1,638 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Does RUDDER work for UK accounts? I can't seem to get it to, but it looks ideal for what I need!

I had a look also but it only supports First Direct and HSBC, to my knowledge.
  • LeeSouthEast
    LeeSouthEast Posts: 3,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I always find 'ready made' stuff doesn't quite do what I want it to do. Always end up rolling my own spreadsheets in Google Docs. Got one that fits my bill. :) There are loads out there.. it's just either finding one that works for you, or biting the bullet and making your own.
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family