We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The 'I'm In Debt, Help Me' Thread

124»

Comments

  • Thanks for the advice.

    If none of them do, it just means I'll have to stick with what they say. One of them is with Wescot as well, which I've been reading up on here. Got to be extra careful with them.

    You dont have to stick with what they say if you cannot afford it. Payplan will do the negotiating for you based on your income.
  • i wouldnt worry make a token payment until you can afford to up it yes some will go to dca just carry on with the token payments eventually some will offer reduced sett offers if you can afford it pay it etc you will also find some will right off etc just go with the fow reguards andrew
  • Alleycat
    Alleycat Posts: 4,601 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    How about doing some bar work or Maccie D's? They are usually looking for staff and there are usually lots of hours going. That would help tide you over until you find something more in your field.
    "I've fallen down a hole" - said in best Monty Python voice-over.
  • aaarrrggghhh
    aaarrrggghhh Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Aaarrgghh!! McDonald's?! With the stars?! No, I don't think so.

    I am interested in bar work, and I've just come back from the JobCentre with about 12 jobs to call for. I'll do it now, and keep you all updated.

    Thanks for the support!
    10 Ways to Spend All Your Student Loan In A Week
  • southernscouser
    southernscouser Posts: 33,745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    You might get a discount which you can pass on to all of us! ;)

    Good luck with the jobs mate! :beer:
  • aaarrrggghhh
    aaarrrggghhh Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Er, no.

    Thanks for the beers though, they always come in handy!
    10 Ways to Spend All Your Student Loan In A Week
  • Ceri_2
    Ceri_2 Posts: 125 Forumite
    I worked in Mcdonalds once...
  • aaarrrggghhh
    aaarrrggghhh Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    So did I. The cafe was shut so I had to take my works laptop in McD's.

    Nice meal while I was there though.
    10 Ways to Spend All Your Student Loan In A Week
  • Ceri_2
    Ceri_2 Posts: 125 Forumite
    LOL!

    I would work there again weekends if I could, but most places like that now say I am over qualified, but might be worth ringing them....
  • aaarrrggghhh
    aaarrrggghhh Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    It might get to the stage where I'll have to work there, and moonlight offering a free feel of my 'Egg McMuffins' round the back...
    10 Ways to Spend All Your Student Loan In A Week
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.