Investment plan

Options
Can any one give me advise my parents took out a 5 year investment plan at the Halifax last April, but it didn't start until June unfortunatley my father died in the May, could my mother use this to get out of the plan and not loose any of her investmentJanet

Comments

• Baz_2
    Baz_2 Posts: 729 Forumite
    Options
    Just give them a call and ask.

Most do have clauses in them that states the agreement can be broken due to exceptional circumstances. I would have though that would qualify.

It will all be in the T&C's though.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Without knowing the plan details its not possible to say. However, the "typical" answer would be that unless there is a guarantee, the value on date of death would apply. That alos assumes that it was written on joint life, first death basis and not joint life second death basis.

As Baz says, you need to ask them
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure