Reclaiming overdraft charges

Options
Hi I am new to this and am not sure if I can actually claim charges from the bank.

My husband has an overdraft with Barclays since he was a student - He has no student loans and lived via his overdraft. However, this overdraft has remained since graduating 6 years ago. He has been charged interest every month for the last 6 years on his overdraft. Can he reclaim these charges and if so how do we go about doing it?? I am sure he has paid out thousands in interest charges over the last 6 years or so!!!

any help or advice would be gratefully received
Thanks

Comments

• natweststaffmember
    Options
    hsale wrote: »
    Hi I am new to this and am not sure if I can actually claim charges from the bank.

My husband has an overdraft with Barclays since he was a student - He has no student loans and lived via his overdraft. However, this overdraft has remained since graduating 6 years ago. He has been charged interest every month for the last 6 years on his overdraft. Can he reclaim these charges and if so how do we go about doing it?? I am sure he has paid out thousands in interest charges over the last 6 years or so!!!

any help or advice would be gratefully received
    Thanks

If he uses the overdraft then the bank can charge interest on that amount so the answer on this occasion is definitely NOT. He cannot claim interest charges back.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family