HR/Employment/Tax credit help urgently needed!!!

Options
Hi All
Heres the story and i would be extremely grateful if anyone can offer advice/tips as i am at a loss:
Ok, i have worked for my employer for 9 years. 5 of those full time. In Dec 2005 i went on maternity leave for DD1, at the same time the company relocated to Goole ( a 50 min journey)
I returned off maternity July 2006 and i was allowed to work part time from home.
I work 10-2 mon to fri (20 hours)
I have been doing this ever since.
Today i have had a visit from my manager (i used to be her manager when i worked full time) and was advised that home working was to be stopped and more than likely 2 in the dept. (5 of us) would be made redundant.
I have asked if i could do my hours over 2 full days (to cut on cost of travelling) but that would mean dropping to 16 hours a week as well as paying fuel for those 2 days (prob £40)
I need anyone/someones help to determine whether it is beneficial to drop to 2 days(16 hours) or do 2.5 days (20hours but 3 days travel)
Tax credits said my award would stay the same (basic 10.80 a week) unless our combined income dropped to below £25492
It wouldnt drop below that but not far off so i can only assume we are really gonna suffer if i drop to 16 hours cos of the less wage and increased travel money needed
Am i entitled to anything/am i missing something?

My only other alternative is to request voluntary redundancy (no figures offered to me) but i figure a job is better than none?!?!

Please help!!
Thanks
Gemma
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills