We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Ouch finally taking head out of the sand!!
Comments
-
Good Morning all,
My 2 boys well one is 23, the other 18, they both live at home and yes the youngest pays me 160.00 pm, 30 of that is for his mobile phone, the eldest lad who gets paid weekly will pay me £35.00 pw and then gives me the money for his car insurance when it falls due, and the same for his mobile phone bill!!
I've still got loads to sort out, but I have been selling on amazon the last 2-3 weeks, getting rid of all my old books, that just sit there gathering dust, and I have opened an e-bay account so I can start selling stuff on there as well, toget some extra income.
Oh well back to sorting myself out!
Hope every one has a better day than I'm having
Betty0 -
Sounds like your doing very well getting things sorted Bettyboop well done.0
-
If your OH was wrongly advised by the benefits agency he should be able to backdate the payments he should have had to the start of his claim. When I worked for the CAB (many moons ago) I once cited another agency who had misadvised a client citing "good cause for late claim" regulations and won him thousands in back benefit. Basically if someone relies on information from a person in a position of knowledge ( welfare rights adviser or benefits office adviser) and acts on the advice which later turns out to be incomplete or wrong then you have a good case for backdating any benefit you would have had if the original advice had been correct.
A trip to the CAB might prove helpful. I'm v. rusty but I don't imagine the legal foundations of the system have changed.
I hope this helps.CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 0420 -
OH lost job in November, he has just finished a tiling course and is now looking to start own business, but as usual there is the cash flow problem.....hopefully he will have a few jobs coming in soon....0
-
thanks for that verbatim.......0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards