Help card care or ppi...the same????

Options
Hi all mse's!!,
I have been looking over my old paper work hoping to find that i could reclaim PPI. I received a copy of my original paper work from my c/card company, Which is I.F./ Halifax. I ticked both the credit card repayment cover and the card care box on the application...fine, but what i want to know is whats the difference between the two, do they both do the same thing and if so why are I.F./Halifax allowed to put them together on the application form without showing the cost of either or the impact on the monthly repayments (which turned out to be about £30 per month...EACH!!) which basically doubled the monthly repayments.
Cheers and if anone needs anymore info, i will do my best, cheers.

Comments

• melorablack
    melorablack Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Options
    Card care is a yearly or so one off payment to protect agains loss theft etc of your card.
    Credit card repayments cover is the payment protection insurance.
  • DINDOBBS
    Options
    Card care is a yearly or so one off payment to protect agains loss theft etc of your card.
    Credit card repayments cover is the payment protection insurance.
    CREDIT CARD CARE IS IT WORTH IT IVE BEEN QUOTED £50.00 FOR 3 YEARS BUT FOR WHAT IF I LOST MY CARDS SURLEY I WOULD JUST TELL THE BANK OR DOES IT COVER ME IF SOMEONE USES MY CARD IS IT JUST A CON OR WHAT BE GREATFUL FOR A RESPONCE THANKS
  • DINDOBBS
    Options
    Credit card care is it worth it ive been quoted £50.00 for 3 years but for what surley if i lost my cards i would just notify the bank or does it cover me if someone else uses my card is it just a con or what i would be very grateful for a responce thanks
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there

I'm sure Melorablack will post later on.;)
    Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • melorablack
    melorablack Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Options
    DINDOBBS wrote: »
    Credit card care is it worth it ive been quoted £50.00 for 3 years but for what surley if i lost my cards i would just notify the bank or does it cover me if someone else uses my card is it just a con or what i would be very grateful for a responce thanks

It's up to you if you want card care or think it would be useful and most banks offer it with their credit cards and bank accounts.

Once you have 1 policy you generally don't need another as you can normally put all your cards on one policy.

The idea is that if you lose your card/purse/wallet you ring 1 number adn they will cancell ALL your cards for you and arrange for new ones to be sent out. Some policies also offer cover for your driving license and passport too. Sometimes they will also cover cash lost when your purse/wallet was stolen.

It's up to you if you think it would benefit you really, some people prefer to do it all themselves, others like knowing it will be taken care of for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure