Parking near the O2

Options
13»

Comments

• That's a great idea! I was also just searching for alternative places to park but can't find out how much the parking is at the Excel Centre for a couple of hours, £15 for the day is all I get.
    I'm taking my husband to see Micky Flanagan in October and this would be a great way to get there, only thing is it'll be dark and cold so not much to see. It seems that the Air Line runs past 10pm too so that's handy aswell! Thanks for the hint!
    :T
  • EllasPa
    EllasPa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I looked on O2 website and prebooked was about £26, so i thought I would avoid car park 1 and use car park 2, where you pay by the hour, which would be approx £8.
    Imagine my horror when I got there for parking at the Jay-Z concert to see ALL car parks had been converted to 'Event' Parking @ £30. £30 !! I begrudgingly paid it and then found on my way out that the exit barrier opened automatically with no need to enter your ticket. Doh!!
  • Cherry_Hinton_Blue
    Options
    January 2015 update: If you’re coming to a big event at the O2, and you want the least grief, you can book a place in Car Park 1 online before the event here. Very nice, but also very expensive at £21.00. Car Park 2 is a pay-and-display car park with parking for 4 to 6 hours (enough for a gig), and is just £9, a heck of a lot less than Car Park 1. Finally, there’s the North Greenwich Station Car Park (take the second car park entrance off the main road, and it’s the first car park you come to). Despite the name, this is just another car park, no different to Car Park 1 or Car Park 2. The car park seems to have a flat rate of £11, but the really cool thing is that you can now pay for it automagically: you just drive in, no ticket required, drive out later, again without tickets or barriers, and the next day you get a text message saying the money’s been debited to your credit card.

If you want to read a lot more, I've recounted my own experiences in a blog post "Greenwich O2 Arena Car Parking Tips 2014-2015" here.
  • smithp25
    Options
    Went to O2 last night and thought I would post an update to the helpful post above.

Parked in the station car park as suggested above. As it was a Sunday it cost £6 for the evening however that price seems only to apply IF you get there before 7, if you arrive after that it's £25.

Monday to Saturday I think it was £11 but again this was for arrivals before 7, after that it would have been £25.

We arrived just before 6.30 and had to drive round for a few minutes to get a space but people were leaving on a regular basis so reasonably easy to park.

There are only two payment machines, one card, one cash so expect a queue. You can though, pay by phone or Internet and the details are shown on a number of signs around the car park.
  • tajasti1
    tajasti1 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anybody used the millennium leisure park or surrey quays to park?

I am attending an event there next wednesday & have always used north greenwich station and made a day of it and there is always plenty of parking however I will be driving after work & I am worried that the car park will be full/no spaces so looking at plan B,C & D
  • loopy53
    loopy53 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya, yes, we went to an event at the O2 in January and parked there. Completely free and loads of spaces ( it was a weekday evening ). We walked to the O2 which realistically took about ten minutes. One huge bonus was not getting stuck in the car park traffic after the event!
    Hope that helps.
    Lou
    January Grocery Challenge £34/£200

Save 12k 2016 #134 £22.14/£12,000

:)
  • loopy53
    loopy53 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry.. Me again! Just to clarify.. It was the Millenium Leisure Park we used
    January Grocery Challenge £34/£200

Save 12k 2016 #134 £22.14/£12,000

:)
  • n00nyb84
    Options
    Hello peeps,
    Does anyone know what's to stop me from prebooking parking for Indigo at the O2, obviously selecting an event that's on the same day?
    O2 event parking is now £25 and indigo is £13.50!
    I suppose we could technically buy one cinema ticket and get four hours free as well?

Thanks!
    :A:A
  • Ladyshopper
    Options
    I did the cinema thing a few months ago, just paid for one ticket and got the 4 hours free parking. Worked perfectly for the concert. No way am I paying £20+ to park!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure