We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
whats the 2 pound club!!
first_timer_2
Posts: 23 Forumite
Hi every one I've been really busy getting upto speed with all you money savers and I'm not doing to bad.. with alot of help from my mate lynne who's really good at this, so anyway when I've read a few threads at the bottom they say about the 2pound club can anyone explain to a newcomer please!
0
Comments
-
I think its simply a method of taking any £2 coins and putting them in a jar for posterity/saving up. At least thats my guess
This signature is not mine!0 -
Hello Newbie welcome! :hello:
The £2 club is a group of people in debtfreewannabe who collect £2 coins to add to their savings. They add how much they have saved to their signatures to let everyone know how well they are doing. I believe there is also a 20p club going
Check out the link below
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=144085MFWB
Mortgage when started: £232,000
Current mortgage Sept 2024: £232,000
Mortgage free day: Sept 2029
Saving: £12k 20250 -
Hi, welcome to MSE.
Here is the thread about the £2 coin savers club which will tell you all about it.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=144085
Would someone be able to move/merge this thread, please? Thank you.“Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde0 -
that's great thank you..0
-
so are you going to join firsttimer?0
-
You should so join!! It makes collecting £2 and 20p's much more motivational and it's interesting to here the stories of the crazy things people do top get their hands on the £2's (like bartering, swapping, doing deals for them and everything hehe). I'm saving £2 to get a couple of my cats IndentiChipped and saving my 20p's to make a donation to charity every £10, currently saving for Cats Protection League.
So join up! Join up, join up, join up!
0 -
I'll move this one across to debt free now, and best of luck with your savings
Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards