IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

private parking tickets solictors letter what now?

Options
having duly ignored the ticket and three debt collection letters, i have now received a solitors letter saying they will take me to the county court and will instruct baliffs to seize goods at my address. This is naturally very scary, should i write to solicitor or what to do now? Sorry for being such a wuss but any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.xx

Comments

• Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Ignore it and wait and see if a summons arrives which is doubtfull anyway.
    ;)
    It's not just about the money
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    Trethowans or the equally famous 'Graham White' ?

Either should be treated with the same contempt.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yup - Keep ignoring it. The chances of them following through with it are very slim.

And remember they can't do any of it unless they have won in court & you have ignored a period to pay-up, which is even less likely TBH.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    devongill wrote: »
    ... I have now received a solicitors letter saying they will take me to the county court and will instruct baliffs to seize goods at my address.
    Any real solicitor would know that only a Court can instruct bailiffs, and that can only happen when the claimant's case is successful, AND the defendant doesn't pay the claim within 28 days.

This sounds like more PPC wishful thinking (ie they wish they had an arguable case), so ignore this tosh until and unless a properly stamped court claim form arrives (which is very, very, very unlikely).

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Coblcris
    Options
    if it says will instrict bailiffs then report them to the Solicitors Regulators Authority.
  • Enfieldian
    Enfieldian Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is the solicitor registered at the same address as the ticket company, by chance?
  • devongill
    Options
    thanks for all the replies will just sit tight. incidentally solicitors are not at same address and letter says may intruct baliffs. But you have put my mind to rest will let you know if anything else transpires. xxx
  • Coblcris
    Options
    Please name this 'solicitor'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business