JoKay's journey out of debt!

Options

Comments

• JoKay_2
    JoKay_2 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, 5 items listed on Ebay - have put together a spreadsheet (no surprise there then!!) of anticipated selling prices and fees and might clear (if I'm lucky!) around £15 so far. Of course, nobody might want any of it, and it might cost me £1.50 in listing fees, but surely I'll at least cover that - won't I? ;)
  • JoKay_2
    Options
    Evening all!

Just remembered that my OH is going to advertise some large pieces of furniture on our work intranet, so with a bit of luck that might bring in another £50 or so!

On the downside, I'm now able to upgrade my mobile phone and I really want the Nokia 5800 - but it's going to cost me £77 upfront to get it. However, T Mobile is also offering a £100 gift card with it, but doesn't give a great deal of detail on their website as to what this actually is. Anyone heard of it? Should I steer well clear?

I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to find out more - if this gift card seems okay, I could end up making £23 on the deal and getting the phone I want! Fingers Crossed! Alternatively, the money I'm making on Ebay could go towards covering the £77 - decisions, decisions!!

Night all!
  • JoKay_2
    Options
    Had a bit of an unmotivated day yesterday, and didn't add any new items to ebay :rolleyes:

Added to that, DD is home sick from school today (although OH has just had to rush her in for the school photos - guess who forgot!) so I'm not going to get much done. However, I must add a Monsoon dress, as I think that'll get me a nice sum of cash.

Further news - we've got the possibility of buying a small flat on the coast for a very small sum of money!! Have added costs to the spreadsheet, and we can definitely afford it, but need some help from a broker to work out the best way of buying it. Exciting times, but need to temper that with a dose of realism and caution!!

Good luck to everyone else today!
  • JoKay_2
    Options
    Feeling a bit flat - would have been my dad's birthday today but he died last summer after a nightmare 7 weeks in intensive care.

Have decided to be kind to myself today - have checked the bank balances but really can't be bothered to do any ebaying - think I'm gonna take a slow stroll to the local shop and buy myself some treats and eat my way through today - not ideal, I know, but today I just don't care.
  • epsilondraconis
    epsilondraconis Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Options
    JoKay wrote: »
    Feeling a bit flat - would have been my dad's birthday today but he died last summer after a nightmare 7 weeks in intensive care.

Have decided to be kind to myself today - have checked the bank balances but really can't be bothered to do any ebaying - think I'm gonna take a slow stroll to the local shop and buy myself some treats and eat my way through today - not ideal, I know, but today I just don't care.

Hi JoKay, I don't blame you. I lost my Dad earlier this year to cancer. It was a nightmare in the end. I'm sure he'll be proud of you that you're reducing your debt etc. Not sure how he would react to you stuffing your face today ;). Hope you get through the day okay anyway.
  • JoKay_2
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words epsilon - I know my dad would have a few words to say about me stuffing my face! Have watched ER this morning - not a good move (despite George Clooney being in it!) as one of the main storylines was about kidney failure - one of my dad's illnesses that finished him off :(
  • Primula
    Primula Posts: 953 Forumite
    Options
    Awhh, good luck. You seem to be doing very well already. Re your post a few foodie treats wont do any harm, especially not today, mmmhhhh chocolate! Just be careful not to go mad in town spending on frivolous stuff - you know the kind of thing that only feels good for a short spell!
  • JoKay_2
    Options
    Thanks Primula - luckily I'm not able to drive at the moment so can't go shopping, although of course that doesn't stop me spending online.... ;)

Only joking, no intention to - am so motivated to reduce our debt that I wouldn't want to risk not being able to pay off over £600 off our overdraft this month!!

Thanks again - now where did I put that mint aero.....?!
  • Lurker1972
    Lurker1972 Posts: 779 Forumite
    Options
    sounds to me like you need a be nice to yourself day....so have one in honour of your dad :grouphug:
    I do not make mistakes, I learn lessons.
    I work to live, not live to work.
    I love to live & live to love.
    Good enough is exactly that.
  • JoKay_2
    Options
    Well, today's a new day, have left yesterday's gloom behind me!

Banking's been done - its frightening how little money we're spending with on sick leave :o, everything still on target for clearing £600 + off the overdraft this month!!

OH has been to see the flat we're planning to buy - has photos and measurements, can't wait to see them! Had no idea the mortgage market was this tough though, I can see how difficult it must be to get a mortgage :eek:, but I think we'll be ok.

Ebay is going ok - can't believe I've got 8 watchers on a pair of pyjamas!! Have made the princely sum of £10 so far, but the auctions finish tomorrow, so here's hoping I get a bit more!!

Have a good day y'all!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport