URGENT! help with Rossendales Bailiffs needed

Options

Comments

• RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,733 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi

You would be advised to make a formal complaint and to get hold of your local councillor ASAp and tell them about what is happening. The Council may take the debt back in house given the bailiffs behaviour.

Also pm Herbie21.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • cosmo71
    Options
    After a night of no sleep, I telephone Rossendales at 8am and told them what their bailiff said, they pretended they hadnt sent him, said the agreement was arranged and they needed to check some things and ring me back. While waiting, I telephoned the council who said it was out of their hands :(

An hour later, a woman called Kate rang from Rossendales and said the 2 letters I had received were an admin error, they had decided NOT to take any payments arrangements and they had indeed sent the bailiff. I told them they couldnt go back on an agreed arrangement that they had set up, they said sorry, but we have and you now have to deal with the bailiff.
    The bailiff had added £170 to the bill for knocking on my door!! I rang the council back who were appalled with Rossendales and they want a complaint in writing asap. I then arranged a loan and ended up paying the money direct to the council (although I refused to pay the £170 for the knock on the door that shouldnt have happened).
    Rossendales are a disgrace, so, I am writing to the court, my MP, the coucil and them......the police have told me to ring 999 if the foul-mouthed bully tries to come back to claim the 170 for his expensive knock on the door.
  • mk_lad
    Options
    I really need your help , I have got a letter from rossendales stating that they are coming to visit my home for an housing benefit over payment for the sum of £1,318. I am currently get JSA as i am unemployed.

I am worried because i live in a bed and breakfast with 5 other people , As i need to know if one of them allow the ballif in to the prperty does he then have the right to force entry to my room i.e break the lock off.

Please can you give me some help
  • Jhh2011
    Options
    This baliff company is terrible they make you pay money you don't have and have the cheek 2 add fees on 2 pay via direct debit post office etc . They were hounding me when I was heavily pregnant horrible firm.
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jhh2011 wrote: »
    This baliff company is terrible they make you pay money you don't have and have the cheek 2 add fees on 2 pay via direct debit post office etc . They were hounding me when I was heavily pregnant horrible firm.
    Then you need to get advice. They don't make you pay money you don't have. That is a contradiction anyway you either have money or you don't. They simply can't get money out of you if you have none to give. They also have guidelines to not hound you if you are obviously pregnant. If they are not following those guidelines then complain about it.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • gredmond08
    Options
    How do I stand with this horrible company - I have a full time job but I have had to move back in with parents to help pay the bills, I pay half of everything but this cannot be proved, they are saying I need to pay £300 a month!!!!! I really cannot afford this as my income and my mothers are the imcomes that pay all the bills in the house, They refuse to acknowledge this and say that off my wage the minimum is £300, its only £700 that I owe. Can anyone help me????????
  • tentimes
    tentimes Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 21 November 2011 at 3:19PM
    Options
    Phone the police on 999 if anyone is at your door asking for money and refusing to show ID. Say you don't know who they are and you are scared and they are trying to get into the house.

In addition, if you ring your local police line at a less stressful time, you can find out who the local poloce officer assigned to your area is. Ask if they can call round to see you. Let the local police officer know how scared you are and explain that you are bullied by these guys and feel intimidated. In most cases they will be very happy to pop round and be present when the bailiff turns up. I have arranged just such a visit for a client that I supported a while back, after which the bailiffs stopped calling (for a year or so, then we needed to do it again).

EDIT: It is imperative that you see someone locally to get proper advice and support. You need support.
  • dancingfairy
    Options
    Hi - is it the bill from your old place or is it for where you live with your parents? Frankly the fact you pay half of something is of no relevencfe to us, the council or the bailiffs. The council will not care if one person pays council tax and the other buys food or rent as long as the council tax gets paid.
    When is the council tax for - this year or a previous year?
    Are you getting any benefits you may be entitled to?
    Are you paying other non-priority debts such as unsecured loans or credit cards?
    Is the amount quoted as owing in fact correct? do check the bailiffs arn't charging you dodgy fees.
    Have the bailiffs ever been in your house?If not then make sure you do not let them in - this is very important as it gives them the right to charge a LOT more in fees (100 pounds or more) and it gives them the right to come back and take the goods. You must not let them in (unless they've been already).
    Have a read of the factsheet on National Debtline's website in dealing with council tax.
    Best of Luck
    df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • Daddy-Spendless
    Options
    ive found in the past that if you dont pay and dont make an agreement with rosendales they eventualy pass the debt back to the council, when that happens the council will deal direct and make an agreement, the pluss side of that is that you wont be paying the fees rosendales add on.
  • gredmond08
    Options
    It is for an old property were I used to live, I asked to pay the council tax for 5 months yet the council (Preston City) refused to acknowledge my phone calls asking for the last tennants name to be taken of the property details. They cannot access the property and take goods as the property is not legally mine, all documents for the house are in a relatives name.

I dont even think that the single persons 25% discount has been taken off the more I look at the bill (£790 in total for 7 months), my next port of call will be to call the council and chase this up before I pay any monies to these again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure