We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Payplan Headache!!
Comments
-
Hi,
Payplan have been helping me with my initial £48,000 credit card/loan debt since July 2004, luckily I have avoided CCJs and they negotiated all my creditors to 0% for me. I literally give them £800 a month and then any yearly bonus from work I get I usually decide which one to pay off a bit more, although Payplan do ask you give it directly to them. Easier said than done when there are some credit cards that you wish to get rid of quicker than others, i.e. Barclaycard (w&nk3rs) - sore subject!
I have Payplan nothing but excellent and don't know what I would have done without them, although I have noticed that they have become very busy with so many people in debt these days, it does take a few attempts to get through if you need to speak to them desperately. Now I find it quicker to contact them via the new "justabank" messaging service, they always respond via text or email by the next working day. £28,000 to go....0 -
Thanks Helen302. Yes I don't doubt or under estimate the work Payplan do but you still need to be in control of what is going on and we were led to believe that Asset Link along with other had frozen the den=bt so were horrified to find out other wise. The debt has increased by £60 each month for a year now so we are going to pay this off as soon as possible regardless of what Payplan would want us to do as the end of the day we are paying the debt off, we are responsible for it.0
-
I completely agree with you, I keep my own detailed spreadsheet with monthly creditor payments, current balance etc. plus I call each creditor twice a year to double check the balance and to check my "frozen interest" agreement hasn't expired yet. I did notice early on that Payplan don't always let you know these things but then they are a free service and they have many people to deal so maybe I haven't had a problem with them so far as I'm so hands on. I also notice their helpful "justabank" website doesn't have entirely accurate totals, I owe £500 ish more than it states.
There have also been a couple of occasions where payments haven't hit creditors accounts in time and I got late payment charges - Payplan blame the credit cards and vice versa so I would never leave everything in Payplan's hands, however they have always managed to get any fees like this refunded for me.
I originally went with Payplan as I believe creditors are probably happier to deal with an "official" body. Originally I thought I might annoy creditors by speaking to them (as well as payplan) but the majority are pleased to be kept up-to-date with progress.0 -
Hi there if you do get satisfaction from Payplan I'd appreciate you letting me know how.
I have a major debt which I now find out I have a £210 late payment fee for in just over a year. Like you no replies or acknowledgements when I have asked advice or guidance.0 -
Hi,
Late payment fee from who exactly? Sorry, don't quite follow.
I'm not sure how other people feel about this but Payplan are a free service, therefore I personally don't expect them to give me their undivided attention at the drop of a hat but do expect good timely advice and guidance which I've always received from them. In the two years I've been dealing with them I have noticed them become incredibly busy which is why I now keep my own records of everything and regularly speak to creditors too so therefore am not missing anything that hasn't been paid due to any possible oversight Payplan may make (not that this has ever happened to me).0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards