We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

ASDA Baby & Toddler Event 28.04-17.05

Options

Comments

• bebebelle
    bebebelle Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    Options
    I swear I will have a mega breakdown if I dont get a Johnsons box.Been trying for two years lol
    I appreciate Each and Every win. I thank every comp poster from the bottom of my heart :A
  • nikflo
    nikflo Posts: 504 Forumite
    Options
    have to agree the high chair is very good. perfect for folding away when not in use, my only gripe is the tray isn't the best design as doesn't go close enough for my skinny baby!! but for the price well worth it.
  • newkidontheblock
    Options
    Went back to the Peterborough store tonight and all the Size 4 Pampers Boxes had gone! aaagh. So bought a box of the Huggies nappies instead. Hope they are ok and don't leak as I've not tried them before!

Also, they were selling a pack of 6 jars of Cow & Gate Baby Porridge for £2 - but at the checkout they took 1 jar out to scan and they scanned at 15p a jar so 90p for 6 jars! So we went back and got 2 more packs! Hope baby likes it now lol!
  • JASYMORR
    JASYMORR Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Picked up the Car seat for 25 quid tonight in Manchester, well happy with that price :D
  • pa2539
    pa2539 Posts: 6,594 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks for this. I went to the Robin park store in Wigan last night and spent a fortune. Was really impressed as they even had a maternity clothes section so I added a few bits in for me.:rotfl:
    When I looked, some of the items didn't seem to be reduced and then I was told they had a seperate section for the event. So if you can't see much ask customer services.
    I managed to get a johnsons box for £10, johnsons baby stuff £1 each, TT microwave steriliser £10, 6 TT anti-colic bottles £10, a baby bath £4.90, a changing mat £4.90 but couldn't see any clothing in neutral colours. I can't have everything though :D
    Well recommended!
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Went today and they had huge boxes of Huggies nappies for £10, containing about 140 nappies (it worked out at 7p each).
    Got one of the plastic Tommee Tippee food catcher bibs for £1 and a box of baby biscuit bags for £3.
    They also had loads of vests/sets on display on the allocated aisle with Baby Event special price tags on, but they were the same price as usual. None in the actual baby clothes section seemed to be any cheaper either.
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • Curlywurli
    Curlywurli Posts: 639 Forumite
    Options
    Tons in Basildon, never seen so much there before, went about 16:30 this afternoon. Travel cots, high chairs, car seats, pushchair, the potty training sets, etc all still there. I managed to get some good bargains, 12 pack of crisps for £3, plastic bibs that my little one won't be able to get off £1, etc.
  • orangetiggs
    orangetiggs Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    which store in basildon??
  • Curlywurli
    Curlywurli Posts: 639 Forumite
    Options
    which store in basildon??

The Eastgate Centre
  • hugglette
    hugglette Posts: 392 Forumite
    Options
    i went to asda living in thurrock and there was not loads there. i wanted 2 cars ponchos for 3 and they did not have them grrrrrrrr:mad:
    MSE convert, trying to save the pennies!
    :T Darling Z born 03/06 and Darling M born 03/09. I make gorgeous boys :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport