IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Contravention Codes

Options
Can anyone tell me, or point me to a website, which explains exactly what parking contravention codes 23 (Parked in a parking place or area not designated for that class of vehicle) and 25 (Parked in a loading place during restricted hours without loading) mean? Is it important which of the two is used in my situation below?

I parked in a roadside parking bay yesterday morning that has been restricted to 30 minutes parking from 9am - 6pm for years, but has recently had a second sign added to it making it a loading bay from 9am - 3pm on weekdays (without any restriction on the type of vehicle that may load and unload). I didn't notice the new sign and got a parking ticket. The ticket says contravention of code 23, when I would have expected it to say 25. Nowhere does the ticket say that the contravention was for parking in a loading bay. I only know that because the traffic warden was still there and I asked him why he'd issued the ticket when I'd only been parked for about 15 minutes.

Ian

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family