We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

EBAY - what do you sell

2

Comments

  • pixie1
    pixie1 Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Im selling stuff now nd doing ok. Im getting rid of loads of clothes but also bits of make up lip loss etc. books, dvd's onld psp games that we no longer play with ANYTHING!

    Ive sorted some things out today that will go to the local hopice shop, they are too heavy to post, i would only get 50p for them as people just wont pay more then that due to the extreme postage costs. I dont have time or enough stuff to have a car boot so I may as well let some good come of the stuff.

    Pixie
    :jDebt Free At Last!:j
  • skint_manc
    skint_manc Posts: 344 Forumite
    Keep an eye on the freebies board, I pick a few bits on there that I stick on eBay.. make up job lots of cosmetics/toiletries samples.. the wonderful lynx clicker! :) sim cards also.. you dont get a great deal for them but it all helps!
  • jonbooth
    jonbooth Posts: 81 Forumite
    Just to say I agree with the previous poster regarding the freebies.Almost everything I sell on Ebay was obtained from the freebies sites.I've sold Britney perfume samples(from between 65p and £2.20p),the Lynx clicker(£10.16p !),newspaper vouchers,sim cards,Kaiser Chiefs single(nearly £10),CD slipcases,Maxim DVD's,and Manic Street Preachers CD's for £20.All obtained for free.Ask friends/relatives if you can use their addresses,too.
  • delboypass
    delboypass Posts: 229 Forumite
    i sell everything i dont need - we live in a world where people love to surround themselves with hundreds of things they will never use the rest of their life - Im getting so cluttered - I want a simple existence now - thankfully lots of people want to buy my rubbish ;-))
  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    Well of course, one man's junk is another man's gold :)

    The strange thing is that people will buy literally anything from eBay. I once saw someone selling "A kick in the cobblers (buyer collects)" :D
  • trigger_mike
    trigger_mike Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    I sell lots of old car mags i've picked up over the years for between 99p-£10 each, plus some freebies like the lynx clicker and kaiser chelfs single plus any other odds and sods i have knocking around, got a lot of music keyboard books on at the moment i'm selling for the MIL.
  • skint_manc
    skint_manc Posts: 344 Forumite
    Its a good idea to start your auctions on a Thurs - (10 day auction) or Sun - (7 day).. time them to end mid evening, as Sunday evenings tend to be the best time to pick up plenty of bids..
  • Had to Thank you TriggerMike, couldnt let the kitty get it!!
  • trigger_mike
    trigger_mike Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    the kitty was spared thanks to your kindness ;)
  • vixxen
    vixxen Posts: 110 Forumite
    I tend to sell clothes my daughter has grown out of or has received as presents but doesnt like (naughty I know but we then use the money to buy things she will wear). I also sell clothes I haven't worn for at least a year or can't fit into anymore, I find things from Next and River Island tend to go really well especially jeans. We've sold a few toys on there too the best return was a box full of weebles I found in the attic, they made about £80!!
    Holiday Savings = £270.00
    Credit Card = -£903.41
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 400 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts
    Last Update 23rd October 2007
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.