We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
EBAY - what do you sell
[Deleted User]
Posts: 0 Newbie
Hi all. I have read a LOT of posts on this forum and have only recently started posting. I have notced a lot of people say they earn money by selling stuff on EBAY.
Not wanting to start a major competition war, I was just wondering what types of things peolpe sell - I can't think of anything I have that people would want to buy!
Desperately want to earn enough money to live on day to day - any ideas gratefully received!
Have a great no spending day everyone!
Not wanting to start a major competition war, I was just wondering what types of things peolpe sell - I can't think of anything I have that people would want to buy!
Desperately want to earn enough money to live on day to day - any ideas gratefully received!
Have a great no spending day everyone!
0
Comments
-
I simply sell what I dont need any more, anything from household things, concert tickets, clothes....anything theres a category for really. I tend to get together a few things then look to see if any are on ebay already and if so the sort of price they fetch, if the particular item seems not to sell or for a very low price meaning no profit after fees are taken then I put it in the car boot pile instead. Hope that helps. Good luck.Debt free = December 2010...as of March 2006 it is now January 2010..... as of December 2008 it is now December 2009 :j hopefully sooner!!:jDEBT FREE:j January 2012, took longer but I got there, all by myself, through sheer hard work and pride!0
-
You can sell anything and people will buy it.
I just sell any old stuff I don't want/need any more.0 -
You can sell all kinds of things on Ebay. Register it's very easy. I have been selling on there since last January and make an additional £150 per month at least on items I no longer require. The list of things is endless, clothing (in good used condition), books, CD's, DVD's. You may laugh but I've even sold the Sainsbury's Active Kids vouchers as my daughters school isn't collecting them and people buy them!!!!
Another good idea when you run out of items is to ask friends and family if they have items they want to get rid of. I am selling items for a friend of mine and take a commission from the amount made so in theory you can never run out of stock as long as you know people who want to make a little extra cash from unwanted items. if you need any tips or have any further questions let me know.My mantra is "Never pay full price!"
0 -
Ive been selling
academic textbooks -theyve gone well
some bits of "vintage clothing" ( anything over 5 years old is vintage seemingly- have a look inthe section it makes more in vintage than clothing and accessories - if it genuinely is "vintage"
cds & records
a vase i didnt want ( £37!)
tops, hats still with the tags on
Man united memoriblia is going well my mate whos a buyer of it said partic baby & toddler clothing
Furniture
Yes, if things are going on low price - stick in the car boot pile, once ebay & paypal have had thier bit its often only a few pence left over. So do check!:beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
This Ive come to know...
So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:0 -
Hey thanks all - plenty of food for thought there. Think I'll have a rummage around this afternoon!
0 -
As others have said, it's a case of selling things I no longer want/need. Clothes/shoes/books/accessories etc etc
Since I am going travelling in Aug I am trying to get rid of as much as I can, however, I think I have got a little ebay happy & sold too much :0)
I dont trade as such, although I did recently find 4 pairs of Rock & Republic jeans in a charity shop for £12 each which I sold on ebay for £65.
Lately though I havent done as well and people tend to be getting tighter & tighter (perhaps they are MSE-ers too!!) and seem to want things for free!! So the things that arent worth selling on ebay, after taking into account fees etc, I am going to take to a carboot!!0 -
There is a thread specific to eBay on the forums, you should post this question there or maybe a mod could move it.
There is alot of people asking this question on here at the moment - some people just trying to nick other peoples incomes by the looks (not accusing you of this!)
Regards,-highguyuk-0 -
Books are quite good, I sorted out my cookery books, the only ones I couldnt sell were high postage costs because they were heavy.
My daughters clothes they have outgrown and dance wear they have outgrown, brownie uniform goes well too.
if you have any china or household stuff which is in a set and no longer available. I recently replaced 4 desert bowls which had chipped, no longer available in the shops. Four bowls cost me more than my entire dinner service cost (almost!)
(OH hates the dinner set and suggested that I sell it off on ebay and buy a new one, but I couldnt be bothered!)0 -
I used to sell my kids outgrown clothes etc but I find that anything with a 'label' eg Nike or Adidas kids clothes sell well. I've also been selling my half-used perfumes (that I have gone off) and they seem to sell really well!!
Mortgage-free wannabe!0 -
I sell mainly kids stuff, started off with toys but got fed up off taking large parcels to the P.O. Clothes from Gap and especially Monsoon seem to go well. Small cbeebies character toys have gone well for me also.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
