energy grant

Options
HI can someone help please,how can i get an energy grant to pay my gas and electricity bills.Having money problem i have being unable to pay my bill for a long time and about to be disconnected by e.on.
Thank you for your help.

How to claim an energy grant 2 votes

Where to claim
50%
glenneash 1 vote
e.on does not have the grant
50%
glenneash 1 vote

Comments

• E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi glenneash,

Pre-payment meters would normally be fitted in a property if the customer has not paid the bills.

The debt would then be set on the meter and paid back at a low weekly amount.

Being disconnected is a very last resort. Have you been offered a pre-payment meter?

If you are eligible for help, you should speak to the caring energy department at E.ON.

Helena.
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    If you need to speak to caring energy about help with your bills, you can call them on 0800 051 1480.

They will ask about your circumstances and give you advice regarding any help you are entitled to.

Hope this helps.

Helena
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • glenneash
    Options
    e.on does not have the grant
    I spoke to customer service this morning not very helpfull.They said my details have been passed to the debt recovery and i should find the way to pay the whole balance and i cannot afford it.
    Options
    Have you asked for a pre-payment meter to be fitted?

Payment arrangements may not be an option if these have failed in the past and you haven't made any payments recently.

I would contact E.ON again and talk about the pre-payment option.

Helena
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure