We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Had a post lightbulb moment and a dawning realisation that...
Legacy_user
Posts: 0 Newbie
I have had an amazing post lightbulb moment. As with most of you I have been paying off my debts etc and it should only be a few months till they are clear. Then I had the realisation that once they are paid off, the money will be mine, as in aside from putting some into savings, its mine to spend on what I like, in an MSE way of course 
But that realisation hadnt hit me, we all think, well its this long till Debt free day. On the payday after Debt free date you will have spending money again !
Just going to save some so I dont fall into the same old trap !
But that realisation hadnt hit me, we all think, well its this long till Debt free day. On the payday after Debt free date you will have spending money again !
Just going to save some so I dont fall into the same old trap !
0
Comments
-
It'll be wonderful won't it> :jA journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
Savings For Kids 1st Jan 2019 £16,112
0 -
I spent yesterday morning bursting into tears (TERRIFYING my kids) when it dawned on me that I've been in debt for 11 years and we're so close now. OH has been paying £150 a month from his pittance salary on his cc since our son was born three and a half years ago. Can't imagine what we're going to do without the pressure. I'm sleeping better, I can tell you!Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 002 :rotfl:0
-
If we had no debts we'd be £421 a month better off. That's a lot of money to us at the moment and now we've changed our ways I think we'd be ok living with that amount extra with just my husband working and me being a SAHM. As it is, I have no choice but to start work again to pay for the life we've already had. I just wish we'd had our lightbulb moment when we had two decent incomes coming in (and thought we were extremely skint)! As it is, I now go into shops and see other people buying things like clothes, cosmetics etc and have to think to myself that spending money is what other people can do, not me. Still got a long, long way to go until we can have our own money again, but I'm determined to do it and never have to live like this again once we have paid everything off.
Fairylights you must be so happy - well done!
ITR0 -
13000 & fairylights you have both done so well :j :j :j
I can imagine how overjoyed you are both feeling & reading posts like yours are what inspires me to do this & keeps me motivated, so thank you & a very well done to you both :T0 -
well done :beer:
cant wait for my post lightbulb moment
nice to hear some positive posts as i think it gives people a boostjan 05:
credit cards £18200 :eek:
march 06:
credit cards £8600
debt free target dec 07 :j0 -
It's great isn't it..
would have realised eventually but coming cross m.s.e. made me do it faster and easier...
Best wishes to you..it will be such a high at the end..
quick grump though..I hate how 'mse martin' gets all the credit...fair enough he set up this site, but I find much less info in his articles than I do talking things through with others on the boards..especially those that have gon through complex problems and come out on top again.Membre Of Teh Misspleing Culb0 -
When it your dent free day likely to be?2008 Comping ChallengeWon so far - £3010 Needed - £230Debt free since Oct 20040
-
In-The-Red was spot on, if we only realised,what being in debt means when we are getting into debt. What is the point of 'paying for the life we have already had' :rolleyes:Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.0
-
OMG do you know we'll be £900 a month better off on DF day.....never even thought of it that way 13000 thanks for that,makes me even more determined to get rid of it all...fast!!!0
-
Unfortunately i found this board to late our iva was all but completed.
But thanks to reading posts the first thing i did was work out 10% of everything we had coming in and put this away.We do now have savings and also spare money in the bank, as you get used to cutting back, i am now a scrooge lol.But it is so nice now to buy the children things or myself(treated myself to some nice new underware lol as everything falling to bits) and know i have actually paid for it.
I also love telling sales assistants they shouldnt ask people to get into debt via there store cards and should be more responsible lol.
good luck to all you still getting debtfree
donnalove
xx0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards