European Judgement

Options
I did write a long piece but for some reason it disappeared!!?

Does anyone know why DLA,AA is not being paid to expats in Spain,but in France,yes.

Why do the English make claiming anything so dam difficult??

Comments

• PolishBigSpender
    Options
    Perhaps Spain is making life difficult for the British? Perhaps they don't want to encourage even more expats to Spain?
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's not that the English DWP make things difficult, it's more that some claimants of DLA etc decide they've had enough of the UK & go to live abroad, but they want to keep claiming our UK benefits.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • sunnyone
    sunnyone Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The care part of DLA can be exported, you contact a department in Newcasle and they suspend your benefit for a few months then they start paying the care componant only.

sunnyone
  • PolishBigSpender
    Options
    cattie wrote: »
    It's not that the English DWP make things difficult, it's more that some claimants of DLA etc decide they've had enough of the UK & go to live abroad, but they want to keep claiming our UK benefits.

Which is clearly complete nonsense. It screams of 'having ones cake and wanting to eat it too' - particularly as presumably, the UK DWP would be unable to conduct spot checks on someone resident abroad?

Why do people keep using 'English' to refer to British (ie, UK wide) institutions?
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    Options
    Which is clearly complete nonsense. It screams of 'having one's cake and wanting to eat it too' - particularly as presumably, the UK DWP would be unable to conduct spot checks on someone resident abroad?

Why do people keep using 'English' to refer to British (ie, UK wide) institutions?

Because some people like to blame we English for every darned thing while absolving the Scots, Welsh and Irish from all blame.

Because some people don't know that there is a difference.

There may be other reasons, but you toss your own coin.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • muppet_1
    muppet_1 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    cattie wrote: »
    arthritus is many a reason for needing warmer weather. The european court ruled that ex pats should get it. Some were honest and cancelled their DLA when they left.Only to find now they should get it now and finding it very hard.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure