🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Credit Cards - MBNA

Options
Hi I wonder if either anyone could advise or if there is someone having similar issues - I have high balances on several cards sadly & have already full morgaged my house etc - I am trying to stay afloat with F/T & P/T jobs etc etc - although I only pay minimum payments on my cards & am faced with using them every month to live - I have never missed a payment or exceeded limits etc - I have started to get phone calls from MBNA with a slight 'sinister overtone' to them and there is an oblique inference they could insist balances are cleared etc - there is no way I could possibly do this & would inevitably 'go under' as I have no savings etc - I am more than aware that my financial position is precarious but does anyone know whether a Card Provider could do this please? Thank you. Ben.

Comments

• Bismarck
    Bismarck Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Options
    hi,

I think you'd get more help of the debt free wannabee board.

you will probably be asked to post a statement of affairs to see if there are any savings you can make but ultimately, you need to weigh up you options soon.

I'm intrigued as to why they should be calling you if you've not missed a payment....anyway...take care and I don't see what they can do immediately if they've given you unsecured credit and you can't pay it straight back.....in the long run after many hurdles, they could get a charging order on your house but you'd have to firstly not make your payments, secondly be defaulted, thirdly CCjd and finally have an order put on you (as I see it).

If you work hard at this and take the right options with the hlep of the folks on the DFW board you can find that a lot of the carp they throw at you on the phone is just hot air.

see you on the DFW board?
    For what I've done...I start again...And whatever pain may come ...Today this ends... I'm forgiving what I've done -AF since June 2007
  • beninamess
    Options
    Thank you for your help; Ben.
    Bismarck wrote: »
    hi,

I think you'd get more help of the debt free wannabee board.

you will probably be asked to post a statement of affairs to see if there are any savings you can make but ultimately, you need to weigh up you options soon.

I'm intrigued as to why they should be calling you if you've not missed a payment....anyway...take care and I don't see what they can do immediately if they've given you unsecured credit and you can't pay it straight back.....in the long run after many hurdles, they could get a charging order on your house but you'd have to firstly not make your payments, secondly be defaulted, thirdly CCjd and finally have an order put on you (as I see it).

If you work hard at this and take the right options with the hlep of the folks on the DFW board you can find that a lot of the carp they throw at you on the phone is just hot air.

see you on the DFW board?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 1 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family