IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Towing plenty

Options
I paid £495 by credit card to have my car released from a towing company.
I have witnesses and filming to show that the clamping of the vehicle was not justified.
My question is do I have any re-dress via section 75 of credit card consumer act to claim my cash back.

Comments

• peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To enable others to advise you please provide more details. Council or private tow? Which council? What papers did you get? etc.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • agina
    agina Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    it was a private towing outfit, the paperwork i recieved was a receipt for the payment and the credit card transactin copy.
    The police were on site but could not do anything on private property.I told the police the towing company were in the wrong, and because i wanted the car released before it was towed away, I am paying by credit card under intimedation.(i.e. by PIN
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Investigate chargeback with the credit card company, be firm they do like to refund even though they are supposed to.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure