JSA Claim arrgghh...

Options
So I finised work on 31st March 2009 and put my claim in for IB JSA immediately on the 1st April.

Today I received a letter saying that my claim has been closed. I phoned Totton and they said its because my wife ID cannot be verified, I took passports to my interview and copies were taken. They said maybe te interviewer didn't stamp them and the person inputting the claim may of closed it because of this, but not to worry call my local Job centre and they shouldbe able to sort it.

Phoned the local Job centre and baiscailly spoke to a "Computer says no" person, said that Totton have clsed the claim, nothing they can do I'll have to start a whole new claim!!! I replied so thats 3 weeks that I've effective wasted, "Yes, nothing we can do Totton have closed it blah blah blah".

Now this maybe too logical but why don't the two offices talk to each other? or call to say we can't verify a piece of information etc???

Sorry for the rant, but we can't claim Council tax relief until this is sorted, still waiting for our Child Tax Credit claim and it seems that 3 weeks into unemployment I'm no closer to receiving any help.

Anyone had a similar problem with a JSA claim?
BSC No. 254
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport