🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Letter requesting CCA Agreement.Small question please

Options
Hello there,

I have a debt of £6000 on a Lloyds credit card. I took out the credit card a number of years ago.
I am not sure if this agreement is enforceable and I was thinking of requesting a CCA.
In the threads I have noticed some people saying write on your letter " I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE OWING THIS DEBT".
However, I am currently paying £8 per month off the balance which was arranged after I sent them my income and expenditure sheet two years ago. My question is, How can I write " I do not acknowledge owing this debt" if they have previous correspondene from me acknowledging the debt. Surely, I cannot pursue the route of it being unenforceable ???

Please can you advise ? I know there is no way I can pay off the full balance of £6000 for years to come and therefore my only other option would be to offer a full and final settlement out of my student loan.

Many thanks

Comments

• nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The "I don't acknowledge the debt" line is for when another debt company come chasing an old / closed / disputed debt.

Since you are paying a token amount monthly this will overide the statement as you clearly do acknowledge the debt, hence the monthly payments :)

Since it is on a token payment, maybe see what full and final payment would be acceptable?
  • littlebananafeet
    Options
    Yes, I think I will do that.

Many thanks for your reply :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts