CR Smith Windows?

Options
Any views or anyone used them?

Had several quotes from companies but their windows look the best, bit more pricier tho, to be expected. 10 year guarantee too!

Thanks in advance :o
Wedding on hold until 2011. Mummy to DD1 3/2/6 DD2 5/10/7! Mortgaged to my eyeballs!

Comments

• mvteng
    mvteng Posts: 514 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We used them. The windows are good quality & definitely cheaper than the really cheap crappy ones, but be prepared for the salesman to be sitting in your house for hours & endless chaser phone calls.

The price they first quote will drop very dramatically if your prepared to sit through all this, until eventually its not a lot more than the cheaper quotes.
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    mvteng wrote: »
    We used them. The windows are good quality & definitely cheaper than the really cheap crappy ones, but be prepared for the salesman to be sitting in your house for hours & endless chaser phone calls.

The price they first quote will drop very dramatically if your prepared to sit through all this, until eventually its not a lot more than the cheaper quotes.

Sounds like they are best avoided if they use still use this tired, worn out sales technique.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • You are always best getting around 3 quotes
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like they are best avoided if they use still use this tired, worn out sales technique.

absolutely. keep away from them. they sound no better than Everest et al.
    Get some gorm.
  • volvo007
    Options
    Stay clear of this company at all costs, they will cause you no end of hassle and the customer service is the worst I have ever come across. If you deal with them you will regret it for years to come trust me I do.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options

We had EYG round and they used the same tactics, i chucked him out in the end, anyone that acts like that do not deserve my custom.
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Can't comment on the selling process, as I inherited CR Smith windows when I bought my house!

I've been here since 1996 and have had no problems with them, and they haven't gone yellow or anything.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • stevie.Boy_3
    Options
    Hi Guys

I'm at present looking for replacement windows and doors. I'm looking for 5 windows, front and back door. I've recieved a quote from CR Smith. £5800. The windows aren't special nor are they bog standard. Can anyone say if £5800 is a good price and/or can anyone say what is a good price.

Thanks in advance
  • thickbuilder
    thickbuilder Posts: 34 Forumite
    edited 28 December 2009 at 10:31AM
    Options
    stevie.Boy wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I'm at present looking for replacement windows and doors. I'm looking for 5 windows, front and back door. I've recieved a quote from CR Smith. £5800. The windows aren't special nor are they bog standard. Can anyone say if £5800 is a good price and/or can anyone say what is a good price.

Thanks in advance

that seems a bit steep
    get three or four quotes of different companys and play them off against each other
    with the way things are they will all want your custom
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport