Top London Shows at WMC prices from £5

Options
jasavib1
jasavib1 Posts: 28 Forumite
Hi

Anyone who likes musicals should keep an eye on the WMC (wales millenium centre) website. Might I suggest adding it to your favourites. In the last few months I have been to see Saturday Night Fever (which cost £10) and Footloose (which cost £5). Both were fantastic shows which probably would have cost £45 to see in London (excluding travel). The £5 tickets for footloose were fantastic value, particularly since we were seated three rows from the front and had a fantastic view. If you have yet togo to the Millenium Centre it really is worth a look. Particularly with shows at such fantastic prices. I just recently booked to see Tonights the Night (Rod Stewart) musical for £5. I am not a big fan of Rod Stewart but have been told it is quite funny, and for £5 thought why not? I have included a link below if anyone is interested.

http://www.wmc.org.uk/index.cfm?alias=home&language=en

Regards
Jasavib1

Comments

• pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    good find and welcome to the boards :beer:
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • elDeeJay
    elDeeJay Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So how do I find the £5 & £10 tickets?
    Most seem £30+

TIA!
    Nice to save.
  • jasavib1
    jasavib1 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    elDeeJay wrote:
    So how do I find the £5 & £10 tickets?
    Most seem £30+

TIA!

Depends what shows you are interested in seeing. Dancing in the Streets show tickets start from £5. Starlight Express tickets start from £10. Both shows have been advertised on the site now for quite a while so I am unsure about availability (although unfortunately the £10 starlight express tickets do appear to have sold out as I have tried booking them.) . All I can tell you is that I have already booked dancing in the streets for £4.75 and Tonights the Night for £5. I would say it's definetely worth keeping a regular watch on the site though as the cheaper tickets for shows do seem to sell quickly.

Also I get some tickets at the concession rate (hence £4.75 tickets for dancing in the streets). I have also bought my partners tickets and my parents tickets at the concession rate as the staff never seem to check anyway. Apologies if anybody thinks this is dishonest but when my council tax has risen 5%, my TV licence 10%, my gas and electric 20% and yet my pay rise is inflation plus 1% (supposedly inflation is 2% somebody must have a magic calculator) which is a crappy 3% as well as my employers telling me I will probably have to lose a third off my final salary pension scheme when I retire or increase my contributions due to the companys pension deficit I tend to be of the view that I should be entitled to the concessions anyway. (p.s I am an open university student anyway so technicaly should be entitled to concession.

Regards
    Jasavib1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family