🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

cancelling holiday with thomson

Options
Hi all

I have booked and paid the deposit on a holiday this September. Unfortunately I think my boyfriend is about to dump me so I guess I will have to cancel. Does anyone know what the usual terms and conditions are in terms of cancelling? it was a full deposit that i paid but that is all that i have paid so far. i have taken out their insurance but not paid for it yet.

I cant bring myself to ring and ask them yet so thought i would sound it out here.

thanks

H

Comments

• rlc22
    rlc22 Posts: 385 Forumite
    Options
    Cancelling means that you lose your deposit. When did you book it? If it was within the last 24 hours i would try to appeal to their better nature, be really nice and see if they'll do it for free - but don't get your hopes up too much!

Have you thought about changing the name on the booking? This can normally be done for quite a small fee and means that you don't miss out on the holiday.

I'm not sure where you stand with regards to the insurance, but hopefully someone else will be able to help you out with it.

Rachael
  • ljonski
    ljonski Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    Options
    Why not take me instead !
    "if the state cannot find within itself a place for those who peacefully refuse to worship at its temples, then it’s the state that’s become extreme".Revd Dr Giles Fraser on Radio 4 2017
  • HarriettPotter
    Options
    Well yes I would love to take someone with me...

Do you know if I am likely to have to pay more the longer I leave it?
  • rlc22
    rlc22 Posts: 385 Forumite
    Options
    Have a look at the T&Cs of the brochure that you booked from.

It's likely that it would be a relatively small fee outside of 8 weeks before departure so you've got a little while.

Rachael
  • bootman
    bootman Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I was in exactly the same position several years ago. I paid £25 then to change the name on the booking 2 weeks before departure, it usually says in the back of the brochure how much the charge is to make any changes.
  • HarriettPotter
    Options
    Great thanks - I went through all the paperwork but didnt think to go to the brochure to look for T&Cs!

Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family