PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

where the OS magic happens!!!!

Options

Comments

• pollyskettle
    pollyskettle Posts: 2,163 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2010 at 5:25PM
    Options
    Beki wrote: »
    can i just say that i absolutely LOVE your kitchen! :eek:

it's the kitchen of my dreams! i'm soooo envious!!! :o:D
    kippers wrote: »
    Me too, it's lovely
    DianneB wrote: »
    Me three, it's really gorgeous and welcoming!!

Aww thank you all. I'm really touched, and it's REALLY made my day.:j x

I have to say, I haven't been ignorant. Since the upgrade whereby we're not automatically subscribed to threads when we reply, I haven't remembered to do it manually and I hadn't seen any replies at all.

Thank you all again. I adore my kitchen and would spend every minute in there if I could. Doing the flooring, units and work surface in the next month or so, so I'll post another pic when it's done.

I'd also like to add that I love looking at everyones kitchens. Thank you to everyone who posts their pictures too

(and I've subscribed now!)
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 22 February 2010 at 6:09PM
    Options
    Pollyskettle, your kitchen is a dream! The stuff of Country Living magazine, really!

Did you make those lovely gingham roman blinds yourself? I am asking because I noticed the same fabric on a bag hanging from a chair and the pinboard on the wall too, and it is the sort of thing that an OSer would do, use up the remaining strip of fabric to make other smaller (but just as pretty and useful) things!
    jackieb wrote: »
    If there was a thread for the messiest kitchen I might consider posting a picture. :o
    Jackieb, if I had the nerve to show my kitchen I would take your challenge on - I think I could easily win the messiest kitchen contest! LOL
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • pollyskettle
    Options
    Caterina wrote: »
    Pollyskettle, your kitchen is a dream! The stuff of Country Living magazine, really!

Did you make those lovely gingham roman blinds yourself? I am asking because I noticed the same fabric on a bag hanging from a chair and the pinboard on the wall too, and it is the sort of thing that an OSer would do, use up the remaining strip of fabric to make other smaller (but just as pretty and useful) things!

:o The peg bag (hanging from the chair) is lined with blue polka dot cotton which matches the oilcloth on the table - I went a bit co-ordinating crazy there! I've got some napkins in the pipeline with the remaining material from the kitchen and some lovely oddments I've found.

........and then a blind for the girls room in pink polka dots
    ........followed by a matching pinboard (because they are oh-so-useful!)
    ........followed by topping off the wooden toy box in my sons room with a material covered foam seat

Full of the big ideas but severely lacking in the time to actually do them! :rotfl: Luckily my little boys room is mainly navy and red so I can use some of the gingham there too (I have rather a lot left!)

Seeing this thread again, and all the lovely comments, has given me renewed enthusiasm though and I am looking at ordering the worktop in the next week, the tiles on the floor should be down by friday - fingers crossed.

And I've just tidied and cleaned the kitchen!
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
  • Caterina
    Options
    Well done, I just knew it, when I saw it I thought "this is the work of a truly talented OSer!" Great stuff, I wish I was half that good with the sewing machine! Keep up the good work, I am sure your family must be very proud of you!
  • pollyskettle
    Options
    What a lovely thing to say, thank you very much :) I can't lay claim to the doorstop on the floor - that's an eBay purchase which was perfect for the room, but I'm thinking about making a chicken shaped one, all patchworky from oddments of pretty fabric I have around.

And the draught excluder on the heater is a LA one I got really cheap in the sale a couple of years ago.
  • skintmumof3
    Options
    hiya
    i just love this thread...but my kitchen is nowhere as posh as the ones on here, but hey its my little kitchen and i love it..
    skint
    oooohh how do i get photos on here.. i keep trying but nowt happens.
    tia
    xx
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hiya
    i just love this thread...but my kitchen is nowhere as posh as the ones on here, but hey its my little kitchen and i love it..
    skint
    oooohh how do i get photos on here.. i keep trying but nowt happens.
    tia
    xx

My kitchen is not posh compared to some of them either but it is where my OS fun begins!
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• jexygirl
    jexygirl Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    soooooooooo jealous :( I want a proper kitchen again now!
    This is my stainless steel box where I spend half my life.
    dsc00290f.jpg

dsc00281f.jpg

dsc00288pm.jpg

Excuse the poor quality, its a dull day and the flourescents reflect off all the bloomin stainless everywhere :S

Jex
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    I will pay jexygirl the compliment of saying that she invariably writes a lot of sense!
    and she finally worked out after 4 months, how to make that quote her sig! :rotfl:
  • Caterina
    Options
    Gonna get DH to get his wide-angle lens equipment to take a pic one day that the kitchen has been cleaned (when? LOL) and will post mine here too!
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 May 2010 at 1:07PM
    Options
    Can't believe I've only just come across this thread!!!!!!! I am only up to page 5 or something so have a long way to go (and some of the pics are no longer showing :( ) but I am going to read the whole thing lol!

Your kitchens are gorgeous ladies, big and small, tidy and messy!!!!!!! Every single one has at least one thing that I like, and some have come together so perfectly that they make my toes tingle!

I especially love the shabby chic/retro ones, that's how I want my kitchen to be, and I love freestanding kitchens - moggins' kitchen sounds amazing.
    moggins wrote: »
    I must be the only person here not to have a fitted kitchen! I have one fitted cupboard which is the undersink one, then there is the pantry, my washing machine goes under a overhang of worktop, followed by an antique french bread box and my bin. on the other side is my cooker, 2 pine shelves followed by some green painted shelving where most of my appliances sit, underneat is a three door cupboard salvaged from an office topped with a length of worktop, then my fridge freezer and then a 1950's cupboard (the ones with the flip down door at the front and 2 glass doors above that, I paid £25 for it 7 years ago and it came with the topbox too. In between the sink and the pantry is my DW and the microwave sits on top of that.
    Here's mine..........
    kitchen.jpg

Wow AB, what a swanky kitchen, and soooo big! You must love it. :)
    OK, here's mine..............I think I win the smallest kitchen in the world award :-(

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e39/RubyPudding/Ruby11.jpg

That photo of your cat asleep on the towel made go 'aaaaaawwwwww' out loud in the office!!! :rotfl: So cute.

Right, only 42 pages to go!
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport