PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Water Bill

Options
Ah bollox,

I have just received a request for full & final payment of an outstanding water bill from a company called Roxburghe Debt Collectors. I had seven days to reply but have been away what with it being Easter & all, so that's passed by.

Anyway, here's the problem.

1) I have never received a water bill or any other communication from Northumbria Water at any time in the last two years.
2) I am sure, though I have nothing to prove it, that my landlord said that the water bill was included in my rent. Unfortunately, consulting my tenancy agreement, it states that water costs are my responsibility. However, could it be possible that water rates are part of the ground rent.

So first thing tomorrow I will call Northumbria water to find out what the score is, but does anyone have any advice for me before then.
"Mrs. Pench, you've won the car contest, would you like a triumph spitfire or 3000 in cash?" He smiled.
Mrs. Pench took the money. "What will you do with it all? Not that it's any of my business," he giggled.
"I think I'll become an alcoholic," said Betty.

Comments

• poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 April 2009 at 1:10AM
    Options
    Don't call them. Make all communication in writing, but don't sign the letters. Do not acknowledge the debt. Ask them to provide full written details of the debt they allege you owe.

Post on the DFW board for more information about this shower.
    poppy10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport