Beware of Elc charging double the RRP for thomas and rosie starter set

Options
Dear all

Please be aware that the early learning centre have been chrarging double the RRP for one of their toys. The thomas and rosie starter set has got a RRP of £20.

ELC has got it advertised in their catalogue at £40. and have got the nerve to now advertise it as being in the sale, half price at £20 (which is in effect the RRP). I have already notified trading standards.

Cheers

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    The RRP is a recommended price. ELC can charge whatever they see fit, as long as they notify the customer of the price that they will pay. Trading Standards will not be interested, ELC have done nothing wrong.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Ady2009
    Ady2009 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    This is just not right for a high street store who we have all come to know and trust. This is the kind of dealings I would expect from a backstreet garage or bloke in a pub.
  • willo65
    willo65 Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe said product had original RRP of £40
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Probably at a high price so they can how say its half price as its now £20

http://www.elc.co.uk/toy/thomas-tank-engine-rosie-starter-set/
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ady2009 wrote: »
    This is just not right for a high street store who we have all come to know and trust. This is the kind of dealings I would expect from a backstreet garage or bloke in a pub.
    This just about covers all high street retailers now. A company I used to work for is currently selling an item for "half price", £70. A couple of months ago it was £60.
  • stugib
    stugib Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    This just about covers all high street retailers now. A company I used to work for is currently selling an item for "half price", £70. A couple of months ago it was £60.

Argos? They're big ones for this, though at least they usually have small print showing how much they previously sold it for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure