Things to do in Pembrokeshire

Options
Well, I have found some lovely accommodation, near Tenby. Now I am looking for ideas on what to do.

I have a two year old. We are going at the end of March, so need ideas for Wet and dry activities.

We are near a beach so hopefully we will manage a few walks on the beach, and if the weather is ok we might even build sandcastles.

Can anyone recommend

the most spectacular beaches to go to for scenary
some nice short walks suitable for pushchairs
nice pubs or restaurants that welcome young children
any good soft play centres nearby for wet days
any good animal parks

Many thanks for your help

Comments

• Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there

Folly Farm is a must see its fab :j http://www.folly-farm.co.uk/
    theres a soft play place in tenby called Ocean commotion - Ocean Commotion

Lower Frog Street, Tenby
    SA70 7HT
    Tel: 01834 845526

Childrens adventure play center with three adventure zones. Zone 1 0-2 years, Zone 2 2-4years, Zone 3 4-10years. There is a parents area with a large screen TV to keep the big kids entertained and a full menu available in the café. Open all year round - call for winter hours.

have a look here for others http://www.clynfyw.co.uk/things%20to%20do.html

Herons Brook is another good one as is Manor House park,also the Dinosaur park if your lil one wont be scared lol (have a look on the link above for more details of all 3)

Have a good time ,hope its not too wet for you

Rach
  • Counting_Pennies_2
    Options
    Thanks this looks great. I have done a search, but can't find any websites for Ocean Commotion, do you know of any?

Please keep suggestions coming for restaurants or nice sea view pubs that serve good food.

Also what is your favourite village/town centre for having a general walk round browsing?

Thanks
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    no sorry i dont think ocean commotion has a website so i copied the info for you

Saundersfoot is nice ,and close by to Tenby
  • Dr.Lou
    Dr.Lou Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - I often go to Tenby for the day with my sister and toddler nephew as we live within a hour drive.

The pub we most often go is the Buccanneer - it is in the centre of Tenby. The food is good and fairly resonable, and babies and kids are welcome too (no sea views though). The Dennis cafe on the seafront does chips etc, with a nice view of the beach and sea. Agree with Rachie B, Folly Farm is great, I love it and my nephew does too.

A nice pretty village to visit is St. Florence a few miles out of town - there are a couple of place to eat and my sister recommends the Maze there with cheese and wine tasting apparently. There are a few attractions ( a Dinosaur Park and a Manor House with animals and slides etc) on the way there too.

Carew is a village a few miles away with a castle and a river and mill which is pretty flat for walking with a push. On Sunday there is a good Car boot there.

When I was a kid I used to enjoy visiting Penally, Manobier and Lydstep haven which have good beaches.

Further up the coast is Solva and St Davids (where the cathedral is) which are pretty with little shops, cafes and walks. Lots of beaches on the way there too (Newgale, Broadhaven).

In Narberth there is a place where you can decorate your own pottery (handy for the rain - but haven't personally been there so can't comment). Nearby towns of Pembroke and Haverfordwest (good sandwich cafe - Moon and Sixpence) maybe handy to visit in the rain too.

Overall you shouldnt be stuck for things to do - I really hope you enjoy!
    Louise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport