target to save £5k by october already started

Options
Dandy_Lion_2
Dandy_Lion_2 Posts: 95 Forumite
edited 11 April 2009 at 2:50PM in How much have you saved?
hi guys just thought i would make a thread right well i have already saved £2869 through selling things on ebay etc and money from my job, im trying to get to 5k by october, to buy a new car, i dont earn a lot so can only save about £70 a week sometimes more sometimes a bit less depending on car insurance and birthdays etc, at the moment i do one poll surveys, which im nearly on £20 but dont think i will reach £40 by october as they dont pay much. i use topcash back and have about £12 pending. i dont have any unwanted stuff to sell now. i have also opened a barclays golden isa and put my savings in there. is there any other way i can make some extra money, i have done slice of pie but dont want to do that anymore as im not good at reviewing music. any tips would be great thanks.

Comments

• Dandy_Lion_2
    Options
    sorry but im a bit confussed about that, i read a little bit and when i saw THERES A RISK i closed the window. i dont have credit cards either.
  • Dandy_Lion_2
    Options
    thanks for that information, but i really dont want credit cards, i live at home so i have cut spending rite down i put about £15-£20 a week petrol and car insurance once a month so i dont really spend much, i have done a search for cheaper car insurance but no other company comes close to what i pay. are there any other surveys sites etc
  • Dandy_Lion_2
    Options
    yes £2869 is in my barclays golden isa this is the details of the isa, i dont understand it all lol, i just know i will get a little bit of interest back each month.

3.61% AER/3.55% tax-free* p.a. Variable rate paid monthly. (Rate includes an introductory bonus of 1% gross)

i cant claim working tax credits because i still live at home, and im only 23.
  • tinkerbel
    tinkerbel Posts: 1,795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    heya
    I've sent you a pm but then i thought of something else lol
    I dont know if you would be interested in earning amazon vouchers, i think you get get about £5 a week (£10 if youre lucky) on this free bingo website bingoport (pm me your email if you want a refferal! :beer:)

and also, do you do the free daily scratch cards? Theres a whole thread on it and I think from that you can make at leat £6 a month if you get 2 different website accounts. (every little helps yeah?)

Hope all this stuff helps Dandy :)

Tinks
  • Dandy_Lion_2
    Options
    heya
    I've sent you a pm but then i thought of something else lol
    I dont know if you would be interested in earning amazon vouchers, i think you get get about £5 a week (£10 if youre lucky) on this free bingo website bingoport (pm me your email if you want a refferal! :beer:)

and also, do you do the free daily scratch cards? Theres a whole thread on it and I think from that you can make at leat £6 a month if you get 2 different website accounts. (every little helps yeah?)

yes i would be interested in earning amazon vouchers, not heard of bingoport would i have to part with any of my money first?

no not done any scratch cards not heard of them have you got any links for the 2 things you mentioned, thank you very much.
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hey could i get the links too please :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts