internet purchase problem

Options
hi,
i wonder if any of you guys could help me with an internet purchase and the problems i am having with the shop.

i ordered some dj equipment worth £999 from this internet store,which i have used in previous years with no problems.i pre ordered the item as it was a latest product being released i pre ordered on 16/2/06 and used my credit card.the store stated for delivery on or before 28/2/06 and at that time they were offering a free case with the product.

on checking their website i now noticed they were offering a free set of headphones as well as the case worth £120,now i phoned the store on 01/03/06 to see where my order was as i had been too ill to phone on the 28th,they said it would be dispatched later that day.naturally i thought i would get the headphones as part of the deal seeing as they had not dispatched my order and the new offer was up on there website before i phoned them.

my order arrived next day minus the headphones so i phoned them as soon as i opened the parcel.at first they said as i pre ordered when it was only a free case thats the deal i would get,i told them that my order was forgotten about and i had to phone to get it dispatched the day after the new promotion so i shoulld be entitled to the new promotion which included the free headphones.
eventually they said ok we will send them out for you next day.now that was thursday so they should have arrived friday but nothing arrived.
now i dont know if they are just blagging me but their customer service line is closed until monday,and i dont know what to say to them.

if they decide not to send the headphones out do i have any right to cancel the deal and send the products back for a refund? or does anyone think i should fight for the free headphones?
or is the webstore right in saying i dont get them?
can i report them to my credit card company or anyone else?

another thing is that the reciept says 16/2/06 which is when i pre ordered the item did not arrive until the 2/3/06 should the reciept not say 2/3/06 as the reciept is the date the gurantee started why should it start from 16/2/06 i did not have the item until the 2/3/06?

anyway any advice welcome.

Comments

• raymond
    raymond Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    I doubt you have comeback on the headphones, but I had a nightmare with a camcorder from Currys which went faulty 2 days inside warranty but 5 days after the invoice date. Luckily I was able to go to the carriers website and print off a POD showing the time and date of delivery, but it still took over a week to get them to agree to the repairs.
  • never_enough
    never_enough Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    Options
    Have you checked out their Ts & Cs about returns? I'm pretty sure that under something like the distance selling regulations you're able to cancel the order up to a certain period after delivery (poss only 7 days though). You could then return the order & re-order, or at least threaten to if the headphones dont come.

The guarantee should start from delivered date, not ordered date. Call them to get a replacement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure