Barclays Cash Card Account

Options
Hi people,

I have a Barclays Cash Card account with the Visa Debit card. I was just wondering if I behave myself for a few months would they upgrade my account to a proper current account?

I do have a poor credit file (CCJ and Default). Due to be removed in 2012.

Or is it more likely I will have to wait for these to drop off my file?

Many thanks,

Matt

Comments

• book12
    book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    edited 7 April 2009 at 4:35PM
    Options
    I would wait until the CCJ and default is removed to increase your chances.

I assume there is no rush in upgrading your account. :p

I know you are upgrading the account, but when I see the online application for new applications (https://www.barclaysbankaccountapply.co.uk/index.html), there is a checklist to see if you are eligible. If you select 'false' for one (or more) of them (including the CCJ), you won't be able to apply for the account. So I assume taking that scenario of that checklist and applying it to the upgrading of your account,while on a default and CCJ will have your application declined.
  • sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mattlfc79 wrote: »
    Hi people,

I have a Barclays Cash Card account with the Visa Debit card. I was just wondering if I behave myself for a few months would they upgrade my account to a proper current account?

I do have a poor credit file (CCJ and Default). Due to be removed in 2012.

Or is it more likely I will have to wait for these to drop off my file?

Many thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt

Shame Liverpool are doing okay at the moment!! :p

Anyway, Book is correct.

Barclays don't do direct upgrades, you will need to apply for a current account separately.

I would wait until those CCJ and defaults disappear or are marked as satisfied if you have paid them.
  • Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Two things:

1) Account behaviour means virtually nothing for regular personal customers. Behaving yourself well on a cash card account means nothing, your credit score will always supersede this - you could be trying to pull the wool over our eyes, if you see what I mean.
    2) You can't upgrade a CCA, it's a brand new account, if you can get one - and you'd go through the regular credit scoring etc. just like everyone else.
    What would William Shatner do?
  • SavySaver_2
    SavySaver_2 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    You could try applying but likely to get declined. If it is declined you have the right to appeal it depending on your situtaion. It wouldnt get approved if there are any outstanding balances on the defaults or ccj's. If they have been paid off for last 12 months and they weren;t too large then there may be a chance you could get it approved.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure