Any Boots.com codes??

Options

Comments

• ~Jem~
    ~Jem~ Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    veggieblob wrote: »
    This is surely almost discrimination? I'm sure it's not intentional and the staff in most stores are usually great, but nevertheless it's not good enough. Have you tried phoning the store that you would have to use so see if they can suggest anything? My experience is that the managers usually bend over backwards to help. Failing all else, pm me and send me the card and I'll put it in a machine to update and send it back!

Apologies if i have misread the situation, but to spend the boots points you have to go instore anyway. So i dont see why you dont wait until that day and collect the points then?
    Otherwise you will be collecting points for nothing if you never visit the store??
    Started DMP Oct 2011 - £7082
    Feb 2012 - £6562
    July 2012 - £6112
    Oct 2012 - £5781
  • amayah
    Options
    Not all boots stores have an advantage card machine. So while you can spend the points in any store you cannot collect them in every store.

I actually asked boots about their policy for this situation, as I also have a disability.

The response I got was:
    If you are struggling to collect the points, I can offer two options.

The points will be pending on the Kiosk machines for up to one year, so you may wish to collect them in altogether at certain points so you don't have to make many journeys to your local store.

Elsewise, we can also offer vouchers in special situations so that you dont have to travel to store. We do usually only offer these for a group of orders however, so if you place several orders over a period of time, please note the order numbers and then contact our Boots.com team on the number 0845 609 0055, and we may be able to send your points in a voucher for your orders.
    This doesn't seem consistent with what everyone else has been told, but it might be worth asking them again. Luckily I've had a decent few weeks and have been able to get to the store myself to pick up my points.
  • clairewop
    clairewop Posts: 8,007 Forumite
    Options
    My local store does not have a machine i have to travel to Cardiff for the machine which is something i don't often do, especially at busy times like xmas.

I wasn't given the option over the phone about the vouchers, i was just told the points were on the kiosk and there was nothing they can do to help me
    Boiler pot £30.92/£1000
  • amayah
    Options
    clairewop wrote: »
    My local store does not have a machine i have to travel to Cardiff for the machine which is something i don't often do, especially at busy times like xmas.

I wasn't given the option over the phone about the vouchers, i was just told the points were on the kiosk and there was nothing they can do to help me

Yeah I realise that, but if you're in that situation again, I would phone them and ask if they can send you vouchers, since they offered it to me. I don't think everyone was aware that smaller shops don't have machines (and in the ones that do they aren't always working), that was the point I was trying to make initially.
  • clairewop
    Options
    yeah i will ask for vouchers thanks
    Boiler pot £30.92/£1000
  • daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I complained about not being able to add my points a good few years ago. Boots KNOW that people who can't get to the big stores, surely those who are most likely to order on-line, miss out on their extra points but seem unwilling to make any effort to accommodate them. I'll be giving my advantage card to my sister when she visits at Christmas, she can then pop it in her local machine and post it back to me.

Perhaps we should all write in for replacement cards - sorry, mine's damaged, it must be because it's not showing all the points it ought to...
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • clairewop
    Options
    I've got another 800+ points on my card to add will wait till after the sales to go and get them or may phone up and ask for vouchers
    Boiler pot £30.92/£1000
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    any current codes pls?
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • on-the-count-of-three
    Options
    My sympathies too about the points situation.
    I shop online as I live in a small town and unless you want a supermarket, there is very liitle on offer choice wise. We do have a boots, but the range is very limited & I buy online as it is of course the only way I can obtain the goods. There is no ACM in store. My next nearest is 8-10 miles away, & guess what, no ACM there either. I've never bothered with a card as they seem to be a ;lot of hassle, although I did sign up for one this year, nothing to lose of course, but of course the points that I will drum up will not really be worth hitting the motorway & a 50 mile round trip. We also of course miss out on the offers given out at the machines too. The system is crazy as far as I can see. Not sure why points can't be automatically added to your card when you shop online. Definitely discriminatory. If you shop in a big town fine..not only do you get a wide choice of products, but get all the advantages that go with the card.

Hmmm..maybe that's why they call it advantage..it's an advantage to some but not to others?:rolleyes:

Lol..sorry, rant over....I came here looking for codes (M&S actually but this was near the top of the page.) :o
  • M0neySaver
    Options
    From the ACM today - 500 extra points when you spend £50 - FKAM28 - expires 26/01/10.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure